Windows 10: How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Discus and support How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2019 Update is finally available for consumers with a long list of improvements and multiple new features. Read on to find out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 21, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update is finally available for consumers with a long list of improvements and multiple new features. Read on to find out how to manually download and install Windows 10 May 2019 Update.

The newest version of Windows 10 is here but for apparent reasons, the update is being rolled out gradually and it may be a while before your device gets the update. If you don’t want to wait, then you can follow the steps outlined below to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update.

Before installing the feature update, make sure you’ve enough free space and you do not have any incompatible drivers or outdated software installed. It is also recommended to backup your important data first.

You can download and install Windows 10 version 1903 by following any of the methods outlined below.

Get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

First, you’ve to download and install the latest cumulative update (KB4497934) on your October 2018 Update device by checking for updates. After installing this cumulative update, you’ll notice a slightly tweaked Windows Update with a new module, as shown in the screenshot below.

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update Windows-Update-improvements.jpg

Finally, you can now get the May 2019 Update by following these steps:

1. Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
    2. Tap on ‘Check for updates’.
    3. Select ‘Download and install now’.
    How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update with Update Assistant

If the traditional Windows Update way isn’t working on your PC, you can also force the download by using Update Assistant Tool.

1. Open Microsoft’s Update Assistant webpage from here.
    2. Click ‘Update now’.
    3. The tool sized around 6mb will download.
    4. Open Update Assistant and it will run a compatibility scan.
    5. If it says everything is fine, click on next button to continue.
    6. The download would begin.

You’ve to restart your PC after download completes and the tool will do the rest. It’s worth noting that your PC will restart a few times and it’ll be updated to May Update in approximately 30 minutes or more. All your files and settings will remain where they were.

How to install Windows 10 May 2019 Update with Media Creation Tool

Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool has also been updated with May 2019 Update content and you can use it to create a USB thumb drive loaded with Windows 10 installation media or directly upgrade your computer.

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update Media-Creation-Tool.jpg

You can also use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade the PC without preparing USB drives.

Here’s how to install the May 2019 Update using the Media Creation Tool:

1. Visit Microsoft’s Media Creation page from here.
    2. Under ‘Create Windows 10 installation media’, click ‘download tool now’.
    3. Run Media Creation Tool version 1903.
    4. Read and agree through the licensing agreement.
    5. Select the option that says it’ll upgrade your current PC.
    6. Make sure that ‘Keep personal files and apps option’ is selected. Otherwise, your files, apps, and settings will be erased.
    7. Click ‘Install’ to download and install the update.

Now the Media Creation Tool will begin downloading the update to your PC. Once it’s downloaded, the tool will then begin the installation process. You can use the device when the Media Creation Tool is running in the background, but make sure you save your work as the PC would restart multiple times.

After that’s done, your device will be ready with the newest version of Windows 10 running.

The post How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 21, 2019
  4. How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 21, 2019
Thema:

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

1. How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - download install May

2. How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2021 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2021 Update: Windows 10 May 2021 Update is finally here and it’s rolling out in phases. Microsoft and industry sources believe that the rollout will take several weeks, but if you can’t wait, there three methods to download and install the May 2021 Update right now. Windows 10’s first...
  3. How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Windows 10 May 2020 Update is rolling out in phases and it will take months before the update reaches everyone, but if you’re ready to move on, there are three ways to download and install the May 2020 Update right now. Unlike November 2019 Update, Microsoft’s latest feature...
  4. Can't Install May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Install May 2019 Update: I get the error "We couldn't update the Reserve Partition", and I can't expand it using partition wizard for some reason. I really need help. submitted by /u/Coffeechipmunk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dn2l7m/cant_install_may_2019_update/
  5. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  6. How many GB is the may 2019 update download

How many GB is the may 2019 update download: I am not worried about space after the update. I am on limited data allowances, so I need to know how many GB is the download thank you Rick...
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing

Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing: I was trying to update my pc and got a blue screen watchdog violation in the middle of this new update. My hardware is Ryzen 5 2600x with 4F Asus and 16GB RBG....
  10. Download Windows 10 May 2019 Update ISO images

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 May 2019 Update ISO images: Microsoft is finally rolling out Windows 10 version 1903 to millions of compatible PCs. The company has also published Windows 10 May 2019 Update ISO files and you can use the package to upgrade your PC. You can also download ISOs of Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903)...