Windows 10: How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Discus and support How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2020 Update is rolling out in phases and it will take months before the update reaches everyone, but if you’re ready to move on, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update is rolling out in phases and it will take months before the update reaches everyone, but if you’re ready to move on, there are three ways to download and install the May 2020 Update right now.

Unlike November 2019 Update, Microsoft’s latest feature update is a huge release with a slew of improvements and a few new features for everyone including consumers, gamers, and organizations.

With Windows 10 version 2004 update, Microsoft says it’s taking a “throttled rollout approach”, so people will be getting it in waves. In other words, you won’t be getting the update today if you wait for the upgrade notification to pop up on your system.

In this guide, we will show you steps to download and install the May 2020 Update (version 2004) on your device.

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update using Windows Update

You can use the built-in Windows Update tool in Windows 10 to download and install the May 2020 Update straight away. Windows Update is the easiest and safest way to download and install features updates.

To upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 using built-in update tool, follow these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Head to Update & Security.
    3. Select ‘Windows Update’ on the left sidebar.
    4. Click ‘Check for updates’ and Windows will scan for updates.
      How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update Check-for-updates.jpg
    5. If the update is available in your region, it will appear on the screen.
    6. Select to ‘Download and install now’.
    7. Click the Restart now button.

If you don’t see ‘Download and install now’ button under the Windows 10 version 2004 section then your machine isn’t ready yet.

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update using the Update Assistant

If you don’t see the update in the Windows Update page but your device is compatible, you can use the Update Assistant tool to force the installation of Windows 10 May 2020 Update.

To install Windows 10 version 2004 using Update Assistant, follow these steps:

1. Head to Microsoft’s website from here.
    2. You’ll see that the page says ‘Windows 10 May 2020 Update now available’. If you don’t see it, clear your browser cache.
    3. Click the ‘Update now’ button.
    4. Double-click the ‘Windows10Upgrade’ file and launch the Update Assistant.
    5. Click the ‘Update now’ within the Update Assistant.
    6. Click the ‘Next’.
    7. Click the ‘Restart Now’.

Once you complete the above steps, the Update Assistant tool will do the rest. It will first download the bits of May Update from Microsoft servers and install the update for you.

Microsoft says that Update Assistant tool will restart your computer a few times, so you should save any work before starting the installation process.

All your files and settings would remain where they were after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004.

How to download the Windows 10 May 2020 Update Update using Media Creation Tool

You can also perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 with Media Creation Tool without losing your files.

To install Windows 10 version 2004 using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft’s website and download Media Creation Tool from here.
    2. Double-click the MediaCreationTool2004.exe file to launch the tool.
    3. Click on ‘Accept’ and agree to the terms.
    4. Select the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option.
    5. Click the ‘Accept’ button if you’re asked to agree to the notice and license terms again.
    6. Select the first option ‘Keep personal files and apps’.
    7. If you don’t see it, click on the “Change what to keep”link and select the option that would keep your apps, settings, and files intact after the upgrade.

Once you complete these steps, the Media Creation Tool will download and install May 2020 Update on your computer.

Microsoft has also published the Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO files, which you can download after changing the User Agent in Chrome, Edge or Firefox. After download the ISO file, you can use it with Rufus and perform a fresh install of the Windows 10 version 2004 update, rather than upgrading your current version of the OS.

Everything else you need to know about May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update is also known as version 2004 and it was made available to the Fast Ring of the Windows Insider Program in February 2019. In April 2020, Microsoft promoted the update to the Release Preview Ring, and it was added to the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) in May 2020.

On May 27, 2020, Microsoft announced the general availability for consumers and the company commenced rollout via the following mediums:

• Windows Update
    • Update Assistant
    • Media Creation Tool

Microsoft says the update is available from today, but it could take weeks or months to arrive on your PC, due to the phased nature of the rollout. Initially, the update is rolled out to newer devices based on the configuration and region before it’s broadly available for everyone.

If you can’t wait to receive it, then there are various options available to you, which we highlighted above.

Microsoft also confirmed that Windows 10 May 2020 Update introduces multiple new features and improvements, which were tested by the Insiders last year.

The post How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 27, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 27, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to download and install the Windows 10 May 2020 Update - Similar Threads - download install May

2. May 2020 download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2020 download: In settings the May 2020 upgrade will not download as it keeps telling me it is not ready for my device. I also have a red warning saying that my device is missing important security and quality files. No matter how many times I click on up date they do not appear. Why am...
  3. Windows 10 May 2020 update

Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  4. Windows 10 may 2020 update not available for download

Windows 10 may 2020 update not available for download: I am getting message in settings "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." [ATTACH] I tried installing manually but I got error saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC...
  5. Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020

Installation of major Windows 10 update - May 2020: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface unit running Windows 10 ----- and when I do Windows Updates, there is a major update available: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 2 When I try to install this update, it fails and there is an error message as follows -----...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  7. How to Install Windows 10’s May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Install Windows 10’s May 2020 Update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anna_Jack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs0v53/how_to_install_windows_10s_may_2020_update/
  8. Unable to start download Windows 10 May update for 2020

Unable to start download Windows 10 May update for 2020: I've been attempting to download the new Windows 10 update for May of 2020 and it keeps telling me something went wrong. I've tried all the fixes from this site … https://appuals.com/fix-error-code-0x80072f76-0x20016/ and nothing presented here works. It appears this is...
  9. Download Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO images

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO images: Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO images are now available, allowing users to get the update immediately. The update is rolling out in phases, but you can always download ISOs of Windows 10 May 2020 Update and force the upgrade manually. Microsoft has made its Windows 10...
  10. How to block the Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 News
    How to block the Windows 10 May 2020 update: Microsoft plans to release the Windows 10 May 2020 (Windows 10 version 2004) update in the coming days. The new feature update for Windows 10 will be rolled out over time to systems running Windows 10. How it is offered to you depends for the most part on the versions of...