Windows 10: How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer

Discus and support How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]For some users of Windows 11/10, there will come a time when they want to download torrent files to their computer. However, they might not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer

How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer Vuze-StudioHD-Network.png
    For some users of Windows 11/10, there will come a time when they want to download torrent files to their computer. However, they might not know how to get this done; but such folks should not worry because we have the remedy. What is Torrenting? Torrenting is basically using Peer-to-Peer to share and download files […]

This article How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 9, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Default App for Downloading torrent files

I download magnet torrent files from EZTV and other torrent sites. A right click produces only the window options to open window in new tab, etc. There is no option to "Open with". So I'm still stuck with only the left click option to "Open uTorrent".

Further, while uTorrent is listed as an app in some places in windows, it is NOT listed as an app in the "Set Default Apps" window. There should be some way to fix this. But I can't find it.

George Richman, Sep 9, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

Hi George

Download a magnet file

Right click that .torrent file and choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open .torrent . . .'

If uTorrent is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if uTorrent is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the uTorrent executable, as far as I know it is located in this folder:

(On the View Ribbon in File Explorer, tick the 'Hidden Items' box and replace YourName in this location)

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How to download and open Torrent Files on Windows computer - Similar Threads - download open Torrent

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Torrent files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent files: Can you send me Info on how to use torrent files to download files and install them safely thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrent-files/09e04758-9fdb-4c32-8aaf-9e16c23d62be
  6. Torrent file to download windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Torrent file to download windows 10: Hi, I have a very slow internet connection with many perturbations and it's very difficult to download an official windows 10 by a direct link. Can I have a torrent file to download it? thanks...
  7. Default App for Downloading torrent files

Default App for Downloading torrent files: How do I set uTorrent as the default app for downloading torrent magnet files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-for-downloading-torrent-files/cfb6e4ba-c9fc-4753-9210-1b540b412efa"
  8. Torrent (legal) download question

Torrent (legal) download question: Hi folks I'm a legal subscriber to Netflix, Amazon and SKY I'm trying to save Deutschland 86 Series 2 (excellent series BTW ) on my computer to watch later. No probs downloading but why with so many seeders and I have a 10Gb/s connection can't I get faster download. Can't see...
  9. Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10: I use torrents for legal things I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open only apps but prefer Win 10 would SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability; BUT WIN 10 SEEMS not to have that capability. After cleaning out ALL OF TORRENT apps...
  10. BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client: Hi guys, I have Dell Precision M4800. Before having Windows 10 Pro x64 installed I had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and all that time I didn't have any BSODs. However, since I use Windows 10 Pro x64 I periodically have BSOD. Below is the error in...