Windows 10: How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft

Discus and support How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system is available as an update for Windows 10 systems, provided that the system requirements are met. An alternative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 24, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system is available as an update for Windows 10 systems, provided that the system requirements are met. An alternative to updating systems directly is to download an ISO image to burn it on a DVD, create installation media on USB devices, or install Windows 11 in a virtual environment.

Microsoft's own tool, the Media Creation Tool, gives access to a particular ISO image only. Once the next feature update gets released, in late 2022, the tool will automatically give access to that new version as an ISO image, and not the initial version of Windows 11. Sometimes, that is not what is wanted.

Another thing that needs to be considered is that Insider ISO images are also provided, but not via the Media Creation Tool.

This guide describes three options that users have to download Windows 11 ISO images from Microsoft.

Check out Ashwin's general guide on downloading Windows 11 here.

Option 1: The Media Creation Tool

This option works if you want the latest stable ISO image of Windows 11 that Microsoft has created. It does not work for any other use case, e.g. if you want to download the latest Insider build ISO image or an ISO image of Windows 11 that Microsoft published earlier.

Here is how it works:

Step 1: Open Microsoft's official website for downloading Windows 11 ISO images

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft download-windows-11-iso.png

Step 2: Select "Download now" on the page that opens. This downloads the Media Creation Tool to the local system.

Step 3: Run the Media Creation Tool. Note that you need to be signed-in to an administrator account to download the ISO image using the tool.

Step 4: Accept the notices and license terms.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft windows-11-media-creation-tool-license-terms.png

Step 5: Uncheck "Use the recommended options for this PC" to unlock all languages and editions that you can download using the tool.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft windows-11-select-language-edition.png

Step 6: Select the desired language and edition using the pulldown menus, e.g.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft download-windows-11-language-edition.png

• Language: English (United States)
    • Edition: Windows 11

Note that the only Edition that is provided is Windows 11. It includes Home and Pro editions that you may install later on using the ISO.

Select Next.

Step 7: Select ISO file on the next screen to download the Windows 11 ISO image to the local system.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft Windows-11-ISO-file.png

Step 8: Select a Save directory on the local system for the ISO image.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft save-directory.png

Option 2: Using TechBench

The official ISO downloading option is limited in several regards. You need to run the tool on Windows, need to be signed in with an administrator account, and can only download the latest official stable ISO image of Windows 11 that Microsoft provides.

The third-party site TechBench takes care of all of that. It is browser-based, meaning that you can access it using any browser or operating system. It does not require special user rights, as it is just a file download. Lastly, it gives users access to additional ISO images.

Two ISO images are provided for Windows 11 currently, but if Windows 10 is anything to go by, you will be able to download any final feature release as an ISO as well without losing access to previous ISO image downloads.

Step 1: Open the TechBench website here.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft techbench-website-download-windows-11.png

Step 2: Make the following choices using the menus on the site:

• Type: Windows (Final)
    • Version: pick the desired Windows 11 version that you want to download.
    • Edition: select Windows 11 or Windows 11 Home China.
    • Language: select the desired interface language. Note that you can change the Windows 11 interface language later on as well.
    • Architecture: select the desired architecture, usually x64.

Activate the download button once you are done to download the ISO image to the local system. Downloads come from Microsoft's server.

Option 3: Media Creation Tool Bat

MediaCreationTool.bat improves Microsoft's own Media Creation Tool. It adds more download options to the tool and includes some other options, e.g. to bypass Windows 11 system requirements during installation.

Step 1: Open the official MediaCreationTool.bat file on GitHub. Select the RAW button on the page and use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-S to save the batch file to the local system. Make sure that the filename is MediaCreationTool.bat, not MediaCreationTool.bat.txt.

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft media-creation-tool-bat.png

Step 2: Run the batch file after it has been downloaded. Windows may display a SmartScreen warning, which you need to ignore by selecting run anyway from the options.

Step 3: Select the desired ISO image of Windows 11 that you want to download. Currently, there is only one by default. You may use the tool to get BETA or DEV builds as well, as described by the developer:

Step 1: use OfflineInsiderEnroll to subscribe to the channel you want
    while on 10, use BETA for Windows 11 22000.x builds (release), DEV for Windows 11 225xx.x builds (experimental)

Step 2: use Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd to automatically bypass setup requirements
    It's a set it and forget it script, with built-in undo

Step 3: check for updates via Settings - Windows Update and select Upgrade to Windows 11

Step 4: Select "Make ISO" from the options that are displayed. Continue the process to download the ISO image of Windows 11 to the local system.

Closing Words

The TechBench option works best for users who don't run Windows or don't have access to an administrative account.

Now You: how do you download Windows ISO images?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 24, 2021

2. Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

If you need to get your hands on official Microsoft ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, check out this utility:

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.

Ever since Microsoft pulled the Windows disk images from Digital River, hunting for untouched ISO files has been a pain. Our new tool will make your life easier, and provides and interface to Microsoft TechBench to download original Windows images directly from Microsoft's server.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    It can access many different editions and languages. Very handy.

Static~Charge, Nov 24, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

The one @liquid Cool actually linked gives u a Microsoft.com link for a iso file (or it does for Windows 7).

puma99dk|, Nov 24, 2021
  4. How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

From FAQ:
    If GWX didn't tell you to update, your key probably isn't in the system yet.

I'm just downloading the ISOs. I don't intend to install yet largely because GWX hasn't said I could.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft

1. How to download any Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft - Similar Threads - download ISO Microsoft

2. How od i download a windows 11 iso?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How od i download a windows 11 iso?: I can't download the microsoft windows 11 iso - for whatever reason this is blocked. I am in Southern California. No idea why I can't download and install the windows 11 iso. Please advise before I head to the Apple store....
  3. How od i download a windows 11 iso?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How od i download a windows 11 iso?: I can't download the microsoft windows 11 iso - for whatever reason this is blocked. I am in Southern California. No idea why I can't download and install the windows 11 iso. Please advise before I head to the Apple store....
  4. Windows 11 iso Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 iso Download: I have an one doubt. what is an windows 11 multi edition iso is there any difference between previous windows 11 iso and this multi edition iso. Please reply to me windows 11 vs multi edition....
  5. Windows 11 iso Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 iso Download: I have an one doubt. what is an windows 11 multi edition iso is there any difference between previous windows 11 iso and this multi edition iso. Please reply to me windows 11 vs multi edition....
  6. Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) file from Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) file from Microsoft: [ATTACH]Windows 11 disk image (ISO) is available to download from the official Microsoft website for all users. If you are waiting for the stable release of Windows 11, you can follow this guide to download the official ISO of the latest build. After almost three months of...
  7. Download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft: I have to assume that many of you saw this over on ghacks.net, but for those who haven't here it is: Here is how you download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft - gHacks Tech News I haven't actually used it but I did download the MCT and the created the .bat file...
  8. Here is how you download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Here is how you download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft: When you use Microsoft's official Media Creation Tool, it is the latest version of Windows 10 that you get when you use it to download a Windows 10 ISO image to the system or make an USB device bootable using the operating system. While that is often the desired version to...
  9. Is the 1809 ISO downloaded from MCT any good ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the 1809 ISO downloaded from MCT any good ?: I installed 1809 2 weeks ago via WU. At the same day, I also downloaded the iso from MCT. Question : In light of MS pulling the October Update, is the iso I downloaded 2 weeks ago any good ? 119377
  10. Can't download iso any more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download iso any more: I'm going to inst/rep my windows 10 insider preview. Trying to download from: Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Advanced Signed in with my MS account. Download gets to varying points and stops with: Windows 10 Insider Preview couldn't be downloaded. No reason. Tried it on a...