Windows 10: How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage)

Discus and support How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive recently purchased a product that comes with ableton live lite 10 and when i tried downloading it i noticed i didnt have enough storage so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pancho_443, Aug 6, 2019.

1. How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage)

Ive recently purchased a product that comes with ableton live lite 10 and when i tried downloading it i noticed i didnt have enough storage so i purchased a 80 gb usb hard drive and i tried downloding ableton again and no matter what it always goes to c instead of d no matter what i do and i want to install the actual ableton program onto the d hard drive. It gives you the option to switch the storage device because by default it goes to c and it has insufficent storage for the ableton program so when i try picking the d storage it just makes a gray border around it when i click on it

:)

Pancho_443, Aug 6, 2019
  2. LHuck Win User

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

DaveM121,

If I do your first suggestion so I no longer see the D drive will that let me download and install the Nox player on my computer and will it automatically go to my C drive instead of the D drive like it has been doing?

If I do your second suggestion again will I be able to download and install Nox player on my computer?

And finally, which is the best all-a-round option?

Thanks,

LHuck, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Maryssa22 Win User
    Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Aug 6, 2019
  4. malware Win User

How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage)

Seagate Extends Warranty on Maxtor Internal Hard Drives

Seagate Technology, the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and consumer storage solutions, today announced a three-year limited warranty, effective immediately, on every Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit that is now shipping worldwide. Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits are designed for users who want to replace or upgrade their internal hard drives in their PC or Mac. This move shows Seagate's continued commitment to its retail customers, giving them more storage choices, while providing best-in-class warranty protection, service and support on the world's most reliable hard drives. The new three-year limited warranty applies retroactively to all Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Kits in retail channel inventory, or purchased by consumers on or after October 1, 2006.

For early shoppers, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit is a perfect gift for that special someone who wants to upgrade their computer hard drive, giving it more capacity and the speed needed for demanding multimedia applications such as games and video. Consumers looking to upgrade to the premium version of Microsoft Windows Vista will also require more than 10GB of free hard drive space to load the operating system, and will need faster data transfer rates to obtain and enjoy a best-in-class computing experience from Microsoft.

This holiday season, digital cameras are also expected to be one of the hottest gift items according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). With this, consumers will be shooting more and more digital photos and downloading them on to their internal computer hard drive. Topping off at 500GB, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit not only satisfies the needs of this storage-intensive application, but also provides ample capacity for downloading the Internet's media-rich content such as music, video, photos, files and games. With Maxtor Retail Hard Drives by Seagate, consumers can rest assured in knowing that their data is stored on a trusted and reliable hard drive.

"Whether it's an internal hard drive or a simple to use external storage and backup solution, Seagate has a product for everyone," said Jim Druckrey, senior vice president and general manager for Seagate Branded Solutions. "Our Maxtor Branded Retail Kits include an industry leading drive manufactured by Seagate, giving consumers the quality assurance and reliability the industry has come to expect from Seagate. The positive response we have received from our retail partners is a testament to their confidence in our ability to deliver products that blend value, innovative storage technology and reliability."

Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits come in capacities up to 500GB and include components users need to install the new hard drive - mounting screws, a PATA or SATA cable and step-by-step instructions, making it easy to upgrade their PC or Mac. Maxtor Hard Drive Retail Kits are available at retailers worldwide. Suggested retail price ranges from $79.95 for 80GB to $239.95 for 500GB. For more information, please visit www.maxtorsolutions.com.

Source: Seagate

malware, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage)

1. How to download files and programs onto d(internal hard drive) instead of c(computer storage) - Similar Threads - download files programs

2. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  3. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  4. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  5. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Can't download onto hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download onto hard drive: [IMG]The space on my computer itself is nearly full, at 1.74 free of 56.9 GB. I bought a hard drive that has 298GB and absolutely nothing on it but I can't download anything to it. I don't get an option to make what I'm downloading go to the drive instead of my computer and I...
  7. Windows on D: drive (internal SSD), programs on C: drive (internal HDD) - is that normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on D: drive (internal SSD), programs on C: drive (internal HDD) - is that normal?: To make things a bit more interesting, I also installed a new version of Windows 10 Pro on the C: drive because I didn't think things through first (sigh). So, in a nutshell I've got a desktop that boots from the SSD, which has a minimum Windows 10 Pro installation on it,...
  8. Storage File C and D

Storage File C and D: Hi, Apologies my understanding of Windows 10 is not what it should be !! My C Drive is full and I have done everything requested to free up space but it has had little effect I bought some extra space on my D Drive a couple of months back and thought this would resolve the...
  9. App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.: I am attempting to download the most current Nox Player app to my Windows 10 PC but it keeps attempting the download to my D drive instead of my C drive. I do not have the room on my D drive for the download. I am unable to get it to download to my C drive. My computer...
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to download files to d drive instead of c drive