Windows 10: How to download Firefox to Windows 10S

Discus and support How to download Firefox to Windows 10S in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download Firefox and the download file shows both Firefox installer and setup sitting there, but when I try to open either a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Duke Spaniel, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How to download Firefox to Windows 10S

I am trying to download Firefox and the download file shows both Firefox installer and setup sitting there, but when I try to open either a Microsoft page pops up regarding switching out of S mode with no further instruction about what to do next. Would someone please advise me of the next steps in this process to finish installing Firefox. Thanks very much.

:)

Duke Spaniel, Sep 28, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to download Firefox to Windows 10S

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How to download Firefox to Windows 10S

1. How to download Firefox to Windows 10S - Similar Threads - download Firefox 10S

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  5. Windows 10s

Windows 10s: I wanted to know if upgrading from Windows 10s to Windows 10 was free. I do not need Windows 10 Home, just Windows 10. This is because i need 3rd party apps. thanks : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10s/596dbaa9-cb0d-4a34-815f-71adc64c52ed
  6. downloading firefox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading firefox: I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-firefox/169c04f8-36d0-40ef-9799-a75618fcb8ac
  7. How can I download things on Windows 10s?

How can I download things on Windows 10s?: I just got a new tablet for work, a 2 in 1 table/ laptop from EVOO. problem is when I try to download something like for work, it won't let me, it wont even let me download chrome. is there any way around that? feels like im using a computer with child locks on it....
  8. Firefox download

Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  9. Windows 10S driver download problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10S driver download problem: I am trying to download a driver for a USB storage device (My Passport) but as I'm running Windows 10S, it appears that it's not possible. Am I doing something wrong?...
  10. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...