Windows 10: How to download MSI Afterburner

Discus and support How to download MSI Afterburner in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 12, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to download MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for Windows with extra features baked into the application.

My first review of MSI Afterburner dates back to 2010, followed by a tutorial in 2011 on recording game video using the software. While many MSI Afterburner users use the software to get more out of their video cards, I liked its ability to create fan profiles to reduce the noise emitted by the video card's fans.

If you have been to the MSI Afterburner website lately, you may have noticed that you cannot download the program anymore. There is a download link, but clicking on it does nothing. I tried it in different browsers and even on different systems, and the result was always disappointing.

Technically speaking, MSI is linking to a ZIP file that no longer exists on the linked page. You can verify that by checking the source of the page and searching for "zip". You find the download link but when you load it manually, you get a file not found error. The page needs to be updated, but since that has not happened for quite some time, it is unlikely that it is going to happen anytime soon.

Feel free to share your experience in the comment section below.

There is a way to download MSI Afterburner from the official site. You can also check out downloads on third-party sites, but if you prefer to download from an official site, this is what you may do.

Download MSI Afterburner for Windows

How to download MSI Afterburner msi-afterburner.png

While the download is broken on MSI Afterburner's main site, it is not broken on another official MSI site. Your best bet is to use that site instead of the official site to download the latest stable version or beta of MSI Afterburner. Here is how that is done:

1. Load https://de.msi.com/Landing/afterburner in your browser of choice. It is the German landing page of the program. Unlike the English version, it is listing direct download links that actually work. The downloaded program is in English, but you can switch to another language in the settings.
    2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the MSI Afterburner download sections.
    3. Select the download button of the stable version or the beta version. The official ZIP file is downloaded.
    4. Extract the zip archive on your system and run the installer.

MSI Afterburner is installed on the device and you can start using the software.

Closing Words

The design of the official MSI Afterburner download page is a good example of how a download page should not be designed. The resource-intensive page with its custom cursor is one thing, breaking the download link is another.

Now You: have you used MSI Afterburner in the past?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to download MSI Afterburner appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 12, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

I made some color changes to the MSI Gaming Afterburner skin by Drerex Design by uncompiling the original and using Gimp to change the 83 png picture files for the UI, and making hex value changes in the header file(instruction on how to do it is included with afterburner as a PDF written by @Unwinder here:

How to download MSI Afterburner [​IMG]

I originally posted the first one in the Hardware thread, but it really belongs here, so:

1. download it,
    2. right click and unblock in properties,
    3. unzip it,
    4. then copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Skins
    5. Open Afterburner, and select it.
    MSIGamingGold.zip

How to download MSI Afterburner [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 12, 2021
  3. Hemimax Win User

As it looks:
    Attachment 215774

The individual components:
    Attachment 215773 *Cool Thanks Cliff, another nice one! *Thumbs

Hemimax, May 12, 2021
  4. CountMike Win User

As it looks:
    Attachment 215774

The individual components:
    Attachment 215773 Tnx. Cliff, it looks amazing and exactly in keeping with my windows theme.

CountMike, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. How to download MSI Afterburner - Similar Threads - download MSI Afterburner

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU: I'm not sure if it's conflicting with the radeon software but MSI Afterburner tweaks do not seem to stick. I set the fan speed to max and apply. It goes back to Auto. I do not agree with the fan curve on the 6900xt and I can alter it to my liking within Radeon Software but...
  5. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  6. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  7. Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner: Thought I'd try out MSI Afterburner. So here's how it went. Raised clock speeds and then clicked the overclock scanner feature. Overclock scanner appeared to have freezed my computer, so I shutdown my laptop by long-pressing the power button. Now every time I log in to...
  8. MSI Afterburner on Windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Afterburner on Windows 7 pro: I have had MSI Afterburner installed for a few years to control my GPU fan and show temperature as I'm gaming, but lately for some reason MSI Afterburner has started freezing/locking the temperature of the GPU (GTX 1050ti) at one temp without changing and showing the true...
  9. MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...
  10. 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner: Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ? In any game that does not use SLI or in this shot of GPU`z the heat all comes out from the top card like it should, it`s just that AB...