Windows 10: How to download Optional Updates?

Discus and support How to download Optional Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Update Troubleshooter detects that I have these optional updates These updates are in the "optional updates" section on Windows 8.1/8/7 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zash, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Zash Win User

How to download Optional Updates?

The Update Troubleshooter detects that I have these optional updates
    These updates are in the "optional updates" section on Windows 8.1/8/7

How to download Optional Updates? [​IMG]

but then I have no way of updating them because the native Windows Update doesn't allow me to choose the updates that I want.

I have no way to select those updates in Windows Update because it only shows the Critical Updates.

Any solutions?

:)

2. How to stop optional updates

Can anyone tell me how to disable an update so I dont constantly have the reminder ? The reasonis that I have 0 wish to have MS skydrive ever but i'd like to see if there are any real updates . Currentyl I have the updates reminder icon the entire time
    so i have no idea if there are any real updates unless i go in and check it .

ninjagranny69, Aug 12, 2015
  3. How to stop optional updates

If you ever lose your Lumia you may wish that you had storage in the "Cloud", it also makes restoring another device so much simpler.

scoobyman---01, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Zash Win User

Still looking for a solution

Zash, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. How to download Optional Updates? - Similar Threads - download Optional Updates

2. How to download podcasts that don't offer the option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to download podcasts that don't offer the option?: I seem to be a member of a tiny minority who prefer to download their podcasts and play them off the computer. Since so few people seem to download, most podcasters don't cater to us. Even when the platform offers the download option like Soundcloud, most podcasters don't...
  3. How do I delete downloaded optional updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete downloaded optional updates?: I accidentally downloaded an optional update last time for windows 10 and that bricked my pc, so I gave it a new windows installer. Now I did so again but is there any way to delete and cancel the update while it hasn't installed itself yet?...
  4. How do I delete downloaded optional updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete downloaded optional updates?: I accidentally downloaded an optional update last time for windows 10 and that bricked my pc, so I gave it a new windows installer. Now I did so again but is there any way to delete and cancel the update while it hasn't installed itself yet?...
  5. How do I delete downloaded optional updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows 10 optional update won't download

windows 10 optional update won't download: in the optional updates menu there is an update called "Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1" when i click the checkbox and click install now it looks like it worked and it says windows is up to date, but when i click on "look for updates", the same update shows...
  7. Should I download optional updates?

Should I download optional updates?: Should I install optional updates from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-download-optional-updates/9addd63a-fa13-4072-99bc-4d276a838a00
  8. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  9. Optional update not downloading and won't go away

Optional update not downloading and won't go away: About a week ago a bunch of optional updates showed with a note that said it should fix some issues I'm having. I installed all but a driver update that just would download, talk less of installing. And it's just been there, won't go away. So if there's no way to make it...
  10. Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing: [img] I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS. Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card,...