Windows 10: How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?

Discus and support How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz 1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?

This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz

1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with Redstone 2 Creators Update which was released in April 2017. Redstone 3, Fall Creators Update, was released in October 2017 after it had been manufactured.

2. The windows.old file mentions only Windows NT - that stopped being supported in 2003, I think, and the WUs took four or five hours to finish. What is seriously wrong is that it assures me that the WUs are up-to-date . But they are not. It's v1803 and won't install v1809 - if it would, then I would probably have to accept that it's an amazing laptop.

3. I'm very pleased with its performance and the photos look amazing. (Performance etc details to follow.)

So, what I now need to know is whether it's possible for me to download the Windows 10 Support Assistant to the Lenovo. If it is, how?

(If it is, I shall probably sink my pride, accept that it will be exactly what I was looking for and be happy again.)

***Modified title from: Can I get the Windows 10 Updates Assistant installed on my new Lenovo 520 Legion? Windows10***

***Moved from: Windows 10/ Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in***

:)

Taffy087, Dec 12, 2018
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 12, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant? - Similar Threads - download Update Assistant

2. Windows 10 update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update assistant: Hi, Can I use Windows 10 update assistant to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? When I open windows 10 update assistant on windows 7, it shows that downloading windows 10, instead of downloading update. Is it upgrading my windows 7 to windows 10?...
  3. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  4. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  5. Windows Update Assistant Download Loop

Windows Update Assistant Download Loop: I have downloaded Windows Update Assistant to update my Windows to Latest Version.because windows update in setting was not downloading After I Downloaded and started Downloading Windows it successfully downloads and verifies after that it restarts the Download. It happens...
  6. How to remove Logitech Download Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Logitech Download Assistant: Good day all, On my new notebook a program named Logitech Download Assistant is active from startup. I found where to disable it, but how can I remove it completely ? Thanks 147661
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ASSISTANT

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ASSISTANT: I recently installed subject item and can no longer access many of the following programs i.e. Office Word 2019, My Heritage (Family Tree Maker, ITUNES, and many other issues since installation. Is there anyway I can recover these programs, also revert back to when I had no...
  8. keeps downloading windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    keeps downloading windows update assistant: HI I HAVE DONE everything you've said here and well it worked for a while. then i allowed windows to update a couple of days ago. it downloaded windows update assistant and started downloading update which every time it failed and i dont know why. so i moved on & cancelled...
  9. windows 10 update assistant

windows 10 update assistant: Greetings does win10 update assistant shortcut has to be on desktop? can the folder be deleted from C? will I get later updates if I delete the folder? this is the first time the assistant appeared. I got many updates for win10 pro upon shutting down and/or starting up...
  10. Windows 10 update assistant

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update assistant: Hello Motim, *Smile Has Ed posted, it is safe to uninstall Windows 10 Update Assistant after you have successfully finished updating Windows 10 with it. *Arrow Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant Windows 10 Tutorials

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone 10 update assistant download