Windows 10: How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

Discus and support How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a month before installation of the update on production machines, downloading and installing the update early is great for test environments, virtual machines, and on systems where backups may restore the previous status quo if things should go wrong.

German tech site Deskmodder found a way to download the Windows 10 version 1809 update right now. The method described uses Microsoft's own Media Creation Tool to download the update and either install it on the machine it is executed on or create installation media on USB Flash Drives or as ISO images.

The process itself is pretty straightforward; note that it requires running a command from an elevated command prompt but that is all there is to it.

Update: Microsoft released Windows 10 version 1809 officially. You can select Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates to download and install it if Microsoft deems the PC compatible with the update. Users who prefer an ISO can download it from Adguard instead or download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.

Some useful links to start:

Preparations

You need to download two files to a PC and place them in the same folder.

1. Download the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 version 1803 from Microsoft. Note that you don't want to execute the tool right away as it only offers version 1803 and not 1809, the version that you are after.
    2. Download the new product.cab zip archive from the Deskmodder website. Note: You can also download it from this GitHub page.
    3. Create a new folder on the system, e.g. c:\1809.
    4. Place the downloaded MediaCreationTool1803.exe file in the folder.
    5. Extract the downloaded zip archive and place the file products.cab in the folder as well.
    6. Both files, MediaCreationTool1803.exe and products.cab should now be in the same folder.
    Download Windows 10 version 1809

Once you are done with the preparations, it is time to start the download of Windows 10 version 1809.

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now media-creation.png

Open an elevated command prompt to get started.

1. Activate the Start button.
    2. Type cmd.exe.
    3. Hold down the Shift-key and the Ctrl-key on the keyboard.
    4. Select cmd.exe from the list of results with the mouse, keyboard or touch. This should launch an elevated command prompt after you accept the UAC prompt. Verify that this is the case by checking that the title of the command prompt window starts with Administrator:
    5. Change to the directory that you created previously, e.g. cd c:\1809.
    6. Run MediaCreationTool1803.exe /Selfhost

The command starts the Media Creation Tool and forces it to use the local product.cab file overriding the default.

From there, it is just a matter of following the prompts on screen. You have the option to upgrade the current PC or create installation media.

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now create-windows-10-1809-installation.png

I prefer to select the "create installation media" option even if my intention is to update the local PC. Doing so gives me access to the installation media so that I can reuse it, use it to install Windows 10 anew on the device, or access some of the tools that it includes.

Selecting "upgrade this PC now" on the other hand offers none of that. The tool downloads the Windows 10 installation files and saves them either as an ISO image on the system or creates a bootable USB Flash Drive out of it.

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now downloading-windows-10.png

Use the bootable USB Flash Drive to start the upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809, burn the ISO or create a virtual machine image using it.

Microsoft will release an updated Media Creation Tool eventually so that you may use it directly and don't have to rely on the workaround to create Windows 10 version 1809 installation media.

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

WMP for version 1809...

My Windows 10 N, version 1803 had used Windows Media Player via installing it from the "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803.msu" file.

Updating to 1809 removed the WMP and no longer available in the apps list:

How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now [​IMG]

There's an updated version listed at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions

But clicking on the link and looking for the 1809 in the drop down list of versions does not show the media feature pack available for download for 1809; instead it shows version 1709 and 1803.

Does anyone have a direct link to WMP for Windows 10 N, version 1809?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now - Similar Threads - download version 1809

2. How to download windows 10 1809 version???????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download windows 10 1809 version???????: I think windows 10 1809 version is the stable version for my PC. Because, I installed 1909 but it didn't working well. So, I need to download windows 10 1809 version ISO file..... But, when I visited Microsoft website, it only shows 1909 version to download. I...
  3. Downloading Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading Windows 10 version 1809: Hi! I changed motherboard and some other things and i tried to move system but i saw that i have Windows 1903 on pc after changes and i had 1809 on older. I think this is problem why i can't activate system. Is there option to install older version? Thank for all answers....
  4. How to Download link of windows 10 1809 version iso

How to Download link of windows 10 1809 version iso: I want to download windows 10 version 1809. Please help me a link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-link-of-windows-10-1809-version/6423bfc8-e0e8-4831-b2ed-ff312beea938
  5. Enable Retpoline on Windows 10 1809 and Server right now

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Retpoline on Windows 10 1809 and Server right now: Microsoft has tested Retpoline, a new mitigation method against Spectre variant 2 by Google, on Windows 10 Insider Builds for some time now. The company brought Retpoline to Windows 10 version 1809 by including it in the March 1 cumulative update KB4482887 for the version of...
  6. Right system failure in Window 10 after update to version 1809

Right system failure in Window 10 after update to version 1809: Hi, after installing the last Windows 10 update (version 1809) I am not able to run Excel VBA "record macro". When trying to save the macro the error message "unable to record" appears (Office 2016). Meanwhile I´m sure that the problem are the missing rights in Windows10:...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Enterprise version download

Windows 10 1809 Enterprise version download: Hello All, does anyone knows when I can download windows 10 1809 enterprise version I am not able to see multi-edition VL Version 1809 at my MSDN....
  8. Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft has released Windows 10 October 2018 Update, or the version 1809 – following the Windows 10 April 2018 Update that released back in spring of 2018. Windows 10 October 2018 Update comes with several new features and improvements to freshen up your PC experience....
  9. GeForce Drivers for Windows 10 version 1809 now available for download

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce Drivers for Windows 10 version 1809 now available for download: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on October 2, to the general public skipping the Release Preview ring. The users started complaining that the update deleted their files stored in the libraries without any warning during installation. Microsoft...
  10. how to stop the download right now

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop the download right now: Hello, Since upgrade the window 10 could not be finished succesfuly, each time I connect to the internet, it unknowingly starts to download a big package of the upgrade and it refuses to be deleted. How can I stop the download except pulling the internet plug out, so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows version 1809

2. Windows 10 1809

3. windows 10 1809 update

4. windows 10 version 1809,
  5. windows 10 1809 download,
  6. update to 1809,
  7. windows feature update 1809,
  8. windows 1809,
  9. windows 1809 download,
  10. 1809 update download,
  11. windows version 1809 download,