Windows 10: How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?

Discus and support How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, with 12gb memory, and 2T hard drive. I made the mistake of clicking on Check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaroleSaylorcr, Sep 8, 2019.

1. How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?

I have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, with 12gb memory, and 2T hard drive.

I made the mistake of clicking on Check for Updates in Windows Update and it started downloading the 1903 version, which I didn't have a problem with until, it hogged my computer so much that I had no other internet access for over four (4) DAYS. Yes, days. I have a slow internet connection but that is ridiculous, actually way beyond ridiculous.

I have better things to do with my computer. I couldn't even play a game, not connected to the internet, without Windows Update saying it could not install because my pc was turned off. Trust me, I never turn my pc off. It was on this entire time. Then when it gave me that message, Windows Update would start initializing and then start downloading again at some previous percentage point. At one point it went from 48% back to 27%, another time it went from 84% back to 72%, it did that twice. Then this morning, it went from 100%, which it had sat at for over 3 hours, began initializing again and went back to 72%. I'd wasted way too much of my time with MS at this point, so I went searching on how to prevent this thing (I cleaned that up a lot for those of you with squeamish stomachs), from downloading and installing.

After doing some reading on the internet, I decided I don't want it to install either because I have Realtek drivers on my laptop and I don't want them screwed up, which this update seems to do. It's rather sad that MS can't release a product without it obviously being okay that their customers suffer sometimes major problems and also expecting their customers to debug their release for them. Isn't that what they are getting paid the big bucks for?

I found that supposedly the only way for someone running Windows 10 Home to prevent this from being downloaded is to set the connection to Metered. That is what I did.

So now, my question is, if at some future date, a year or so from now when the 1903 version works without causing me problems with my drivers, and I decide I do want it to install, is there a way that I can download it, maybe a few routines at a time, so that it doesn't tie up my laptop for days? As I said, I have a slow internet connection. Download speed is about 30 kb/s on a good day.

Or is it possible to take a data stick to an internet cafe where I could pay for a high speed download and install it from the data stick? Although that would probably cost me an arm and leg for a high speed download of that size. I read that it is over 4gb.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Your time is greatly appreciated.

:)

CaroleSaylorcr, Sep 8, 2019

2. SLOW downloads on a 10+ meg connection

It has made no difference... SLOW downloads around the clock.

beyond_amusia, Sep 8, 2019
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 8, 2019
  4. How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?

Slow Internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

We would suggest you to refer this article: Why is my Internet
    connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7,but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection?

1. How to download Windows 10 version 1903 on slow internet connection? - Similar Threads - download version 1903

2. How to download an older version of Windows 10 Version 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download an older version of Windows 10 Version 1903 ?: Hi! Thanks a lot for reading this. I have a HP Envy 13 that does not have good driver support for the latest Windows version, and hence is crashing every now and then. I want to download Windows 10 Version May 2019 Update, but could not find a way to download it. This is...
  3. how can I download the windows 10 1903 version ?

how can I download the windows 10 1903 version ?: My computer keeps downloading windows 10 the 1903 version, then after it reaches 100% download it starts over then stops somewhere around 88% the update is not showing up in my settings...
  4. Downloading Windows 10 version 1903

Downloading Windows 10 version 1903: I decided to do the upgrade to version 1903 today. In Windows Update under Settings, I clicked on Download and Install, forgetting that this usually takes a long time to download and install. The download stuck at 5% and the only way I could stop it was to shut down the...
  5. Unable to download Windows 10 Version 1903

Unable to download Windows 10 Version 1903: I am currently running Version 1803. When I check for updates, I get a message that says I am up-to-date as of 5:46 PM (PDT) today 8/22, followed by a message that says I am running an older version of Windows and I should update now. I have gone to...
  6. Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update

Slow Internet after Windows 10 1903 Update: After updating Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 web pages on Edge are slow to load, or don't load at all. This is particularly obvious for parts inside a web page. This is Microsoft software running on a Microsoft operating system on Microsoft hardware. Why is it performing...
  7. Enable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 version 1903 without internet connection

Enable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 version 1903 without internet connection: Hi. I wonder if someone could help me on this one. Provided I have the ISO image of Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro installed on my machine, is there a way to enable Windows Sandbox without having internet access? Thank you all in advance for your help....
  8. Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10: Hallo, I recently upgraded my Windows OS from 8.1 to Windows 10. The model of my computer is Acer Aspire E1. But my internet connection became very slow after that. I had to reinstall the driver of my wireless adapter but itsn't fix the problem. I tried to disabled windows...
  9. Slow download speed High internet connection

Slow download speed High internet connection: Hi i don't know how is this possible but when i run internet test speed i have around 32.00 Mbps and upload is 32.59 Mbps but when i start download games from steam or uplay or origin download speed is only around 4 MB/s. I have reinstalled windows and updated drivers...
  10. Slow Internet connection with Windows 10

Slow Internet connection with Windows 10: I have a new HP Notebook with Windows 10 Home 64 bit , but I have very slow wi-fi Internet connection wherever I go. I have a 1 TB hard disk and 8 GB system memory. Any way to speed things up? Thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is windows 10 version update 1903 so slow to download

2. download 1903 from internet

3. how long download 1903 on slow internet

4. internet speed needed to install windows 1903