Windows 10: How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

Discus and support How to drag or move a file using keyboard? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to drag or move a file using keyboard? When using two finger click - it work as right most click but how to select and drag a file from on folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoushadNazar, Oct 18, 2020.

1. How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

When using two finger click - it work as right most click but how to select and drag a file from on folder to other?

:)

NoushadNazar, Oct 18, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

Drag and Drop faster

What is the keyboard command combined with the mouse to drag a single or multiple files up or down a scroll-able list faster than the default speed?

C.J.Carlisle, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How to drag or move a file using keyboard?

1. How to drag or move a file using keyboard? - Similar Threads - drag move file

2. System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System hangs using drag-and-drop to move files from one folder to another: WORKING ON ITThe screen dump on right above is a bit too small to read. Above the "I want to..." it says "Working on it"DUMP REQUIRED I wanted to get a system dump for troubleshooting a situation where File Explorer was hung "working on it" when I had executed a drag-and-drop...
  3. File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer issues with drag and drop moves and renaming files: Problem 1: I've been having an intermittent problem with moving files in Windows Explorer via drag 'n' drop for quite some time. I typically have two or more File Explorer windows open and position one where the file is and the other where I want the file to go; then I drag...
  4. Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut: Hello! Sadly google cant help me with this one so I thought why not open a post? But lets get to my question. I got a folder with shortcuts to differnt pictures which are in different folders. Is there a way to easy move the original data by drag and dropping the shortcut?...
  5. drag and move

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and move: This is my first computer using windows 10, I am unable to drag or move anything, can anyone please help me I have tried everything I know I must be doing something wrong. I am not use to using the padI have always used a regular mouse....
  6. move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work: win 10 update & now I can't move a file w/drag & drop. Instead, the file opens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-file-wdrag-drop-doesnt-work/2d89380f-9e0b-4922-80f2-a8ec3c0b833a
  7. Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays: Hi, I seem to have lost the ability to move windows to other displays using the shortcut keys. Dragging a maximiesed window also isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
  8. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  9. Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them: If the solution above does not fix your problem ... Perhaps your mouse button has become hyper-sensitive. You press and hold the left-button to drag. But the button/switch might be defective. It might double-click without you knowing it! A new mouse might solve the problem.
  10. not allowing me to drag in order to move files

in Windows 10 Support
    not allowing me to drag in order to move files: Anytime I use windows explorer, I can move files by clicking them and then moving them to another place. It's not working from the last time I tried it today. I click on it and take it somewhere else and it stays put. I click on it again and do it once further and then the...