Windows 10: How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.

Discus and support How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've read a million posts by people who find it difficult to boot into Safe Mode. It's really quite simple. Run the following command in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBaileyyz, Aug 19, 2018.

1. How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.

I've read a million posts by people who find it difficult to boot into Safe Mode.

It's really quite simple.

Run the following command in an Administrator Command Prompt ---

bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions true

In the future every time you reboot a blue page will appear with boot options as shown in the picture below ---

How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc. 26087f30-6d21-4e5a-8d3c-78924f70806d?upload=true.jpg

If you want to get rid of it, run this command in an Administrator Command Prompt ---

bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions false

That's all.

:)

DavidBaileyyz, Aug 19, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Stuck in safe mode

Hi,

There are several methods available on how you can get your computer booted in safe mode and also booted back to normal mode. Some steps include changing the startup settings or manually pressing a key. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• What steps did you take to get your device in safe mode?
    • Have you attempted to reboot your device?
    • What was the reason that you needed to boot your device into safe mode?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 19, 2018
  4. How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc.

1. How to easily boot into Safe Mode, etc. - Similar Threads - easily boot Safe

2. Help! With safe mode etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! With safe mode etc: Help! My call of duty crashed, and asked if I wanted to enable safe mode. I said yes, because it said it was recommended for most people. After that, my quality dropped immensely and I tried to fix it. Later, it asked me the same thing. Not wanting my display to go bad again,...
  3. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  4. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  5. Broken Update. How to Boot into safe mode?

Broken Update. How to Boot into safe mode?: Hey everyone, I’m trying to help my housemate with his laptop, yesterday Windows updated and the installation didn’t go well... Now his laptop turns on and just sits on ‘We couldn’t complete the updates Undoing changes Don’t turn off your computer’ and stays here for hours....
  6. Safe mode boot question

Safe mode boot question: So I went to safe boot my computer to install some new gpu drivers and my pc screen has gone black the last 5 mins and isn’t changing and my pc is still running so I don’t know what to do. Can someone help? submitted by /u/lensiky [link] [comments]...
  7. How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode: I am using Acer Laptop and have installed Windows 10. Looks like there are viruses in the system and startup has got slowed down. The only way I see is to boot it into Safe Mode, and toggle the services. I need help on 2 things : How shall I make windows faster? How...
  8. Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc: After an automatic Windows 10 update I turned my stationary PC on, but it got stuck with the first HP log screen (shows besides HP logo "v7.13" and a text "Press ESC key for startup menu"). I tried to turn the PC off/on some times with no luck. Then I tried to create a...
  9. How to stop booting in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop booting in to Safe Mode: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. My antivirus software needed to restart and boot in to Safe Mode. But, for years I have used the 4 digit pin login from Win 8,but I cannot remember the normal password. Safe Mode ony allows login via the...
  10. how to boot into safe mode without logging on?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into safe mode without logging on?: if you can't get into your user account, is there another way to boot to safe mode? I think you can do this from windows recovery media, but I was unable to create that. (It didn't like my sandisk flash drive, even though my 3rd party programs have no problem making it...