Windows 10: How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

Discus and support How to easily disable auto-restart after updates. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do i disable auto-restart after windows update forever? I am so sick and tired of comming in to work after the computer has been rendering over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mosegro, Jul 29, 2020.

1. How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

How do i disable auto-restart after windows update forever? I am so sick and tired of comming in to work after the computer has been rendering over the night and everything is just lost because Windows 10 absolutely needs to delete all my unsaved work once a week. So sick and tired of this bulls**t! If it is easyer i dont mind disabling auto updates all together....

submitted by /u/mosegro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mosegro, Jul 29, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Don't have "Restart Now" button after Windows Update to Fall Creator 1709

Hello Ponlawat,

To further assist you with your concern, we suggest configuring the active hours using the Group Policy. We recommend that you disable the option
    Turn off auto-restart for updates during active hours. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

• To configure active hours using Group Policy, go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update.
    • Open the Turn off auto-restart for updates during active hours policy setting.
    • Click on Disabled.

After disabling the option, try to apply the update that needs the Restart Now button and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 29, 2020
  4. trogne Win User

How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

windows update auto restarting even if disabled

My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator").

Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11".

How to trully disable the reboot ?

Thanks

trogne, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

1. How to easily disable auto-restart after updates. - Similar Threads - easily disable auto

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  6. How to disable windows auto restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows auto restart: How do i disable windows 11 being able to auto restart my pc in the middle of the night? And i don't mean setting up active hours, i want to decide when to restart my pc by manually doing it. i already tried the group policies but that didn't work....
  7. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...
  8. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  9. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  10. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates: my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it off and turn it back on, thanks, i know there are a lot of tutorials out there but this is how to disable updates ON startup,...