Windows 10: How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

Discus and support How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ListlessList, Dec 15, 2020.

1. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I always use one or the other. Never both at the same time.
    My problem is, when I have both of them connected, my resolution and frame rate is limited by my tv. I have somewhat fixed it by connecting the second monitor to the Integrated graphics card. Now, I have to disable the integrated card if I want to use my main monitor and enable it when i use my second monitor. Honestly, it's a little bothersome. Is there a way to make a shortcut for switching the active graphics card? Or some other way to set it up? Thanks.

:)

ListlessList, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 15, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 15, 2020
  4. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

1. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards - Similar Threads - Easily switch between

2. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  3. Switching between more than 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between more than 2 monitors: Hello,I'm a sound engineer, using 3 monitors stacked one on top of the other, fits super nice to my needs.My main monitor is in the middle and I often use it alone, but sometimes I need the bottom one as well, some other times I need all 3 of them, meaning that I have 3...
  4. How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I 'SAVE AS' in display settings to easily switch between home and work monitor...: At my office I have a 3 screen setup, at home I have 1 widescreen monitor and a secondary standard resolution monitor. Every time I take my laptop back and forth I have to redo the display settings, it would be very convenient to save those settings to a couple of profiles...
  5. I can't switch between graphics cards on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't switch between graphics cards on my laptop.: So, a couple of months ago I had to reset my laptop. Everything was just like it was before but when i click rmb on the desktop it no longer shows the option to change graphics card for a program that i click, but it was there before i reset it. Please can someone help me...
  6. Switch graphics cards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switch graphics cards: I'm not able to switch graphics cards Intel Integrated & AMD dedicated in Windows 10 in laptop. How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-graphics-cards/88461917-7dfc-4452-9087-ed3e756198d8
  7. Switching Between Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Between Graphics Card: Hello, My Envy 13 laptop has two graphics card- Intel 620 and Nvidia MX 250. Intel one is used by default. Is there any way I can switch between these two graphics card? Thanks. submitted by /u/rhchdk [link] [comments]...
  8. Switching Graphics Cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Graphics Cards: Hello, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask the question, but I'm having problems changing the default graphics card from Intel's integrated graphics card (Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620) to NVIDIA GeForce 940MX. I try to switch the default Graphics Card to...
  9. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  10. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between tablet mode easily?: I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks. 11010