Windows 10: How to easy switch between users

Discus and support How to easy switch between users in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by de Gournai, Nov 10, 2019.

1. How to easy switch between users

Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security.

:)

de Gournai, Nov 10, 2019

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to easy switch between users

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

How to easy switch between users

1. How to easy switch between users - Similar Threads - easy switch between

2. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  3. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy switching between cellular APNs: Use of multible APN's is getting more relevant with the introduction of 5G Private Network and other cellular solutions. Is it possible to change between pre-configured APN's in an intuitive manner? I know it is possible under Advanced settings in Windows 10, but I am looking...
  4. Easy switching between cellular APNs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  6. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  7. Switching between user logins freezes taskbar

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching between user logins freezes taskbar: The case: My wife and I share the same home PC for work, that we use independently throughout the day. We would like to be able to switch between our users without having to log out and close/reopen our respective documents and apps. Kinda like how it works on a Mac when you...
  8. Switch between administrators, and delete the old user

Switch between administrators, and delete the old user: I got my PC installed with a single user which is the original administrator (without Microsoft email). I created a second account using Microsoft Outlook email address. What happens now is that for every task I want to perform on my main account it asks for the original...
  9. Easy Theme Switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Theme Switching: Hello! For reasons you probably don't really care about I would like to be able to switch between themes in Win10. Quickly and simply too. As in: I'm too much of a lazy ******* to go two menus deep to switch it. Ideally I'd like to use one of these pointless...
  10. Issues switching between user accounts

Issues switching between user accounts: I share my laptop with my wife; I have an admin account and she is a standard user. We have a consistent but intermittent problem switching between user accounts using the fingerprint reader. Most of the time, one swipe of a finger properly changes accounts. At least every...