Windows 10: how to edit contacts in wlm

Discus and support how to edit contacts in wlm in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How to edit contact information in windows live mail 2012 38353 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by graemefrosty, Jan 22, 2016.

1. how to edit contacts in wlm

How to edit contact information in windows live mail 2012

:)

graemefrosty, Jan 22, 2016

2. WLM contacts vs hotmail

How can I delete WLM contacts, but NOT delete from Hotmail?

Have a business WLM account but don't want my personal hotmail contacts in there anymore.

LLoyd Silly, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Skype instant messages (WLM is dead, MS account merged)

I can't answer your questions (no-one in this forum can since Microsoft has not made any announcements on this topic lately), but if both you and your wife were both originally using WLM and you combined your Skype account with your WLM acccount, you can
    both log into Skype on a computer using your WLM login information.

If you open up the Skype application on a computer and log into it, using your WLM login (and not the Skype login & password), then you'll see the contacts that were WLM contacts and you'll see the contacts that are Skype contacts. If you have contacts that
    were both WLM and Skype contacts, then you see their info in Skype twice. You can distinguish between the WLM contact & the Skype contact because the Messenger contacts will display "Messenger" just underneath their name (see the yellow highlight in the screenshot
    below):

how to edit contacts in wlm [​IMG]

If you look at the screenshot a little you'll see that I have multiple contacts for Mark, Cindy, and Free. That's because these were WLM contacts and Skype contacts. When I combined my Skype account with my WLM account and then log into Skype by using my
    WLM login, both types of contacts are shown......Eventually I expect Microsoft will combine the contacts in Skype into a single contact.

If the WLM account (login and password) is the same account you set up as the primary Microsoft account on your phone, when you direct messages to the WLM account (and not the Skype account), the message will be routed to the phone via the Messaging hub and
    you will be notified immediately. This is how I text back and forth with my closest friends (like Mark, Cindy, and Free).

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 22, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

how to edit contacts in wlm

Open WLM. On bottom left corner, there're 5 items: Mails, Calendar, Contacts, Feeds, Newgroups.
    Click on Contacts. A Contact windows will display, click on Contact on the top left to Add new contact or right click on an existing contact->Edit contact.

topgundcp, Jan 22, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just adding to what have already said..................
    Once you click open the Contacts icon at bottom left of WLM 2012, the" Edit this contact" option is on the right side.

how to edit contacts in wlm [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to edit contacts in wlm

1. how to edit contacts in wlm - Similar Threads - edit contacts wlm

2. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts: I use the mail app in Windows 10 not Outlook and want to edit the contacts but can't seem to figure out how. When I start to type in the 'to' field it auto populates with suggestions, but those are not in the contacts list - I want to delete old/mistyped ones, and want to...
  3. Problem editing a contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem editing a contact: i have a contact who has a new email address. I changed it in the contact app but when I go to put the name in the address of the new email, the old address shows up, not the new one. How do I get the old one out of storage so only the new one is valid? * Moved from Windows...
  4. How to edit Windows 10 contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to edit Windows 10 contacts: Hello. RE: Windows 10: I have removed an email address from my phone contacts. How do I remove it from my computer so, when I start an email, the incorrect one does not appear as an option? Thank you, in advance, for your help....
  5. EDITING CONTACT LIST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EDITING CONTACT LIST: Where do I go to be able to edit my contact list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-contact-list/a6655303-12de-47e9-abaf-6b40b15c6cb6
  6. contact list editing

in Windows 10 Customization
    contact list editing: I am using mail for windows 10 I cannot edit or delete my contact list. I am thoroughly confused with the system. If I put the first letter of my contact I get all contacts relevant to that letter. Exactly what I want but i cannot change/edit out any mistakes made once saved...
  7. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  8. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  9. WLM contacts, program collapses

in Browsers and Email
    WLM contacts, program collapses: Whenever I want to access the contacts in WLM, the program crashes. The auto-complete works but I wonder whether one day the whole program will not function any more. 90293
  10. I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM

in Browsers and Email
    I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM: I do not know how this contact got into my address book, but I can not delete it. It is the echo sound service from skype. All other contacts can be deleted with a right click and delete, but not this one. How can I delete this entry or shall I just ignore it. I suppose...