Windows 10: How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I send an email using my gmail account within my Mail app, the 'From' box looks like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <my ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Jordan464 Win User

How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app

When I send an email using my gmail account within my Mail app, the 'From' box looks like this:

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** <my *** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Why does it show the outlook address and how do I change it?

(I assume the outlook address has automatically been assigned as my name because it was the first email i used when i signed up the the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop.)

:)

Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Chaply Win User

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one.

This has to be People app related, right?

***Modified title from: People app***

Chaply, Oct 21, 2019
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 21, 2019
  4. How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app

1. How to edit email name in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - edit email name

2. Mail - how to edit autofill email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail - how to edit autofill email address: How do you edit/ delete address from the Autocomplete Email addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-how-to-edit-autofill-email-address/ec7bdddb-ee55-4c57-8e64-85975dd8da02
  3. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  4. Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    Email address and name link in Window 10 Mail app: The Window 10 Mail app is associating a name with my Gmail address, and outgoing emails include this name with the senders email address, which can be confusing to the email receiver. I can't find any reference to this name in the Gmail or Mail app settings. Apparently, the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address

Windows 10 Mail App: Show recipient's name not email address: using windows 10 mail app, how do i get the recipient's name to show instead of just their email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-show-recipients-name-not-email/6e904840-3c52-4aab-81f1-27affa7c9216
  6. Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?

Windows 10 Mail App - Name Change?: Hello! There is an issue with the mail app that has been letting out my name to clients. I am unable to change it. This is quite disheartening and I'm ashamed on Microsoft's behalf to find there has been no update to this bug. However, I am hoping someone knows at least a...
  7. How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With the built-in Mail app for – which is the new default client, you can connect and manage your multiple email accounts from a single point without having to load different websites to check and send your emails. In this [...] This post How to change Email...
  8. Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  9. Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name of Windows 10 Mail app replaced: [IMG] Hi! I have installed windows 10 1803 for my new computer. The name has replaced on action center, settings but not in the start menu. Calendar gets the same problem. And the icon missing in default apps settings. I already have installed, run sfc, repair with iso but...
  10. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371