Windows 10: how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

Discus and support how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TIL Parent Acct, Jun 16, 2022.

1. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the new parent account but I cannot. I see the child account, use the hamburger menu, choose 'Manage consent' and then it goes to the "Manage permissions In the United States, South Korea, Brazil, and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent. Learn more. To manage restrictions for your children, view your famil

:)

TIL Parent Acct, Jun 16, 2022
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Child Account

Hi
    Izzy1412,

Thank you for the response.

We truly understand the urgency here. Here in the forums, we're unable to call you. We highly suggest you Contact
    Support
    for further assistance.

What we can do here is provide the online support pages that helps you out with the steps needed to resolve issues and provide insight on different types
    of accounts.

Managing parental consent will
    provide you information how a parent and child accounts are created.

If you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You mentioned you are 17, which means you're underage and the
    account is considered a child type. To resolve this, please have the parent account assigned to your account provide consent. Only the parent account can do this.

This is in compliance with regulations that require parental consent:

• Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) – United States
    • General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Union
    • Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) – South Korea

If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other
    members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

Kind Regards,

Marrion Y.

Marrion_Y, Jun 16, 2022
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Jun 16, 2022
  4. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

1. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account - Similar Threads - edit personal information

2. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  3. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  4. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account

Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account: Hello. The parent consent email in my child's Microsoft account is spelled incorrectly ie *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - 2 "L"'s. When they need consent to purchase or install something, the request goes nowhere. Short of deleting their entire account is there...
  6. Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account: Hello. The parent consent email in my child's Microsoft account is spelled incorrectly ie *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - 2 "L"'s. When they need consent to purchase or install something, the request goes nowhere. Short of deleting their entire account is there...
  7. Edit the parent consent email in my child's microsoft account

8. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account: Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the new parent account but I cannot. I see the child account, use the hamburger menu, choose 'Manage consent' and then it goes...
  9. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account: Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the new parent account but I cannot. I see the child account, use the hamburger menu, choose 'Manage consent' and then it goes...
  10. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...