Windows 10: how to edit Start button text?

Discus and support how to edit Start button text? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; in Win7, we edited explorer.exe.mui to change the Start button text in XP & previous we edited explorer.exe directly I've done a lot of searching, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by visitor, Jan 24, 2020.

1. visitor Win User

how to edit Start button text?

in Win7, we edited explorer.exe.mui to change the Start button text
    in XP & previous we edited explorer.exe directly

I've done a lot of searching, but cannot figure how edit it Windows 10 (build 18363)?
    Even an idea what file(s)/settings would be involved for this edit might be helpful...

Thanks!

:)

visitor, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Feature Request : Editable Spoiler Tag Text

I think this was mentioned before, but I would like to suggest it again.
    Would you (W1zz) modify the spoiler tag so the text in the button is editable?

Something like If no text is set, it just defaults to the text "Spoiler".
    It would mean dynamically resizing the button to contain the length of the text, but a string length limit could be set.

I would find this very useful for some programming guides I am working on (they get a little long) and may be more descriptive for the BST threads if they could do something like
    Anyone else think this would be helpful?

Kreij, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Andy O. Win User
    BUG: Mango - Voice to Text (Editing Text Issue)

So I'm not sure if this is a software bug or not. So I hold the windows button and then prompt TellMe to "Text John Doe." I dictate my message and it reads it back to me with no issue. I say "send" and it sends with no problem. My problem comes
    when I press the edit button to edit the text. After I edit the text I previously dictated (or even if I don't edit the text) and press the send button it seems the phone is trying to send a threaded SMS message to two (2) people with the recipients being
    listed as the person's last name and then person's full name (e.g., the phone says "2 recipients Doe; Doe, John" - note: I have my contacts listed last name, first name). When I send it as a text I then get an error "Can't send message. Try Again." Weird
    thing is, when I do the same steps for someone with only one name (e.g., "Mom") everything works perfect, even the editing and sending the edited text, with no 2 recipients being listed (only "Mom" as the recipient).

Has anyone had the same issue? Can anyone help?

Phone model: Samsung SGH-i917

Mobile Operator: AT&T

Mobile OS version: 7.10.7720.68

Firmware revision: 2103.11.8.1

Hardware revision: 3.1.0.7

Radio software: 2103.11.8.1

Radio hardware: 0.0.0.3

Bootloader: 5.8.0.2

Chip SOC: 0.36.2.0

PC OS version: Windows 7

Zune version: 4.8

Andy O., Jan 24, 2020
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. how to edit Start button text? - Similar Threads - edit Start button

2. Is it possible to edit text in Paint3D. If so, how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to edit text in Paint3D. If so, how?: The Subject says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-edit-text-in-paint3d-if-so-how/cbe89a38-9c4e-4d0f-a5fe-4819dc8aa36d
  3. how to edit large size text file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to edit large size text file: I have exported file server permittions data with Windows subancl.exe tool. It have made 1.5 GB size text file.lacs of row in file Now i want replace two words in text file, But text file not opening notepad..wordpad, excel, msword ..But all failed either open partially or...
  4. text editing problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    text editing problem.: I am a former mac person with a new PC. I can't figure out how to insert text into my document. I can only write over the next sentence. This is happening in my google email. Where is the menu? How do I stop this from happening? I need to edit my document and it is...
  5. edit text

edit text: I would like to curve or circle text in a text box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-text/7d779a95-5333-4fb4-ad2e-b53eb0babcc4
  6. error to edit the texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    error to edit the texts: my program is slow, it also does not allow me to change the configuration of the page or the text directly from the toolbar (it does not open the options) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-to-edit-the-texts/da4d3179-d13e-4153-a449-2aaa00a1c685
  7. Editing Text in PAINT

Editing Text in PAINT: I titled a photo with typed text with the PAINT program. I saved the created file. Now, how can I remove the text from the photo and restore the original background? Thank you. Alex B....
  8. How to edit text and brushes in Paint 3D?

How to edit text and brushes in Paint 3D?: Hi, I am using Paint 3D on Windows 10 to add text and brushes/pens/marker to an image. I have made a mistake previously and just realised it now. How can I delete the brush marks or edit text? I have been using CTRL+Z to undo my last action but don't want to lose the work...
  9. How to edit "All apps" icon and text in Windows 10 Start Menu

How to edit "All apps" icon and text in Windows 10 Start Menu: Hello I wonder if there is a way (through editing system files or registry) to change Windows 10 Start Menu "All apps" to something else like "My Programs". Also where is the icon file located in the system and how to change the default icon. Thanks! 12598
  10. How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?: Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background. Thanks to various tutorials and threads in TenForums, and the Winaero Tweaker program, I now have all the other UI colors in Windows 10 looking how...