Windows 10: How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats?

Discus and support How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to edit the contextual menu of the Windows File Explorer to add custom programs for a specific type of file, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PercevalLeGallois, Oct 1, 2020.

1. How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the contextual menu of the Windows File Explorer to add custom programs for a specific type of file, for example all video formats or all image formats. I have VLC installed and it has a contextual action "Play with VLC" when I click on a video file. I just installed mpv and want to do the same. I know I can add a mpv action in every video file format but it's too long, I can't do this manually.

So is there a way to include all video formats at once? Or at least is it possible to automate it?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/PercevalLeGallois
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PercevalLeGallois, Oct 1, 2020

2. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Contextual click issues

Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up.

Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help.

Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get out. It makes doing image editing for photography quite difficult...

mystery250, Oct 1, 2020
  4. reverze Win User

How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats?

video editing software

Basically, I have a video in .mp4 format that I need to edit. I've never really did any video editing before so I am looking for a basic program that is easy to use that I can cut some stuff out from the video with, and maybe shrink the video down.

Can anyone help me out with some program suggestions?

reverze, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats?

1. How to edit the contextual menu to add custom programs for all video formats? - Similar Threads - edit contextual menu

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. How to add UAC format to my program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add UAC format to my program: Hello I want to make a UAC format User access control for my program. Could you maybe tell me how to do it im really interested! :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-uac-format-to-my-program/13c07c6a-9ae4-469d-a404-f9c774c76d68
  5. How to add UAC format to my program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add UAC format to my program: Hello I want to make a UAC format User access control for my program. Could you maybe tell me how to do it im really interested! :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-uac-format-to-my-program/13c07c6a-9ae4-469d-a404-f9c774c76d68
  6. How to add UAC format to my program

7. How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files: According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/app-registration#registering-a-perceived-type, this can be done by adding the below registry entries...HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT SystemFileAssociations video shell openApp1...
  8. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  9. How to add custom audio to pictures in video project

How to add custom audio to pictures in video project: Working on a video project in Windows 10 Photo App. created a new project folder imported 6 JPGs created a Storyboard starting with a title card Created audio: clicked on Custom Audio made 10 second recording to go with the title card clicked Done, it created an m4a...
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558