Windows 10: How to edit Windows 10 contacts

Discus and support How to edit Windows 10 contacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. RE: Windows 10: I have removed an email address from my phone contacts. How do I remove it from my computer so, when I start an email, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by macagrad70, Feb 11, 2020.

1. How to edit Windows 10 contacts

Hello.

RE: Windows 10:

I have removed an email address from my phone contacts. How do I remove it from my computer so, when I start an email, the incorrect one does not appear as an option?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

:)

macagrad70, Feb 11, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  4. How to edit Windows 10 contacts

email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

How to edit Windows 10 contacts

1. How to edit Windows 10 contacts - Similar Threads - edit contacts

2. windows 10 mail edit contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 mail edit contacts: My Dad died recently, him and my Mum shared an e mail address. I was finding it upsetting seeing Dad's name so I changed in the people app to say Mum instead of dad and mum. It does not seem to have worked as when I try to send mum an email it still comes up as dad and mum. I...
  3. windows 10 mail edit contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail edit contacts: My Dad died recently, him and my Mum shared an e mail address. I was finding it upsetting seeing Dad's name so I changed in the people app to say Mum instead of dad and mum. It does not seem to have worked as when I try to send mum an email it still comes up as dad and mum. I...
  4. In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...: Many mail contacts which pop up are obsolete or inaccurate, or not in list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-mailhow-do-i-add-edit-or-delete-email/1ba4b3c4-089f-4f55-a1b2-2ba83fc480a4
  5. In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...

In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...: Many mail contacts which pop up are obsolete or inaccurate, or not in list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-mailhow-do-i-add-edit-or-delete-email/1ba4b3c4-089f-4f55-a1b2-2ba83fc480a4
  6. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  7. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  8. Who to contact at Microsoft about their atrocious editing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Who to contact at Microsoft about their atrocious editing: A company of the size and respectability of Microsoft should be able to present a welcome screen or headline properly in English, or any language. Can you tell me who I can contact to bring this to their attention? Community assistance is appreciated....
  9. Who to contact at Microsoft about their atrocious editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who to contact at Microsoft about their atrocious editing: A company of the size and respectability of Microsoft should be able to present a welcome screen or headline properly in English, or any language. Can you tell me who I can contact to bring this to their attention? Community assistance is appreciated....
  10. Who to contact at Microsoft about their atrocious editing