Windows 10: How to edit Windows Start Manager

Discus and support How to edit Windows Start Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Cloned drive. How can I delete old drive reference? 158290 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gladstone, Jun 12, 2020.

1. gladstone Win User

How to edit Windows Start Manager

Cloned drive. How can I delete old drive reference?

:)

gladstone, Jun 12, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 12, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How to edit Windows Start Manager - Similar Threads - edit Start Manager

2. Device Manager Not Allowing Any Edits

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Not Allowing Any Edits: I am currently trying to fix a touch issue with my Surface Pro 3 and it requires me to install a new driver. This driver is supposed to be included in the human interaction device but was not there and restarting did not reinstall the device automatically. Therefore, I...
  3. how to edit Start button text?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to edit Start button text?: in Win7, we edited explorer.exe.mui to change the Start button text in XP & previous we edited explorer.exe directly I've done a lot of searching, but cannot figure how edit it Windows 10 (build 18363)? Even an idea what file(s)/settings would be involved for this edit might...
  4. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start program list - how to edit: I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first. I'd also like to get rid of all the...
  5. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start program list - how to edit: I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first. I'd also like to get rid of all the...
  6. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  7. Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will the Creators edition help with managing updates: I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another $100 to do the same on it. It seems I remember reading some where in this forum that the CU will offer more control over the...
  8. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  9. Editing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start Menu: In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never...
  10. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...