Windows 10: How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

Discus and support How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having difficulties with Windows repair disk not repairing my MBR. I've tried different starup disks and nothing is working! My only hope at this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sepi2008, Sep 23, 2019.

1. sepi2008 Win User

How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

I'm having difficulties with Windows repair disk not repairing my MBR. I've tried different starup disks and nothing is working!

My only hope at this point is to use command prompt to repair it, but I am not sure how I can elevate to administrator!

I've tried the runas command and it says "runas" is not recognized as an internal or external command. This is under x:\resources,

the default location when opening command prompt from the recovery disk.

How can I bypass this problem and still elevate my rights from the command prompt?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

sepi2008, Sep 23, 2019

2. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt? [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Elevated Command Prompt

Hi Tommy,

A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface.
    You may open an elevated Command Prompt by following the steps below.

1. Open the Start menu, and type cmd to open the search box.

2. When Command Prompt shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on
    Run as administrator.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 23, 2019
  4. How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

Administrator/CMD prompt

I need to run a CMD prompt but it says I need to be the Administrator. I checked Users and I see my name and it says I AM the Administrator, but when I pull up the command prompt it lists me by another name (a nickname) and not my full name that I see as
    my Admin User. Perhaps this is the problem?

Thing is there are no other users on my laptop...help!

Jessi

Jessica Boling, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

1. How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt? - Similar Threads - elevate administrator Cmd

2. how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?: Windows 10 will not permit account elevation to administrator level https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-elevate-account-from-simple-to/81307248-4b3f-4a58-8866-65bb92be6a55
  3. how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?: Windows 10 will not permit account elevation to administrator level https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-elevate-account-from-simple-to/81307248-4b3f-4a58-8866-65bb92be6a55
  4. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  5. UAC Elevation prompts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  6. Mapped drive not available from an elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mapped drive not available from an elevated prompt: Simple questions. 1. Below article also apply to Windows 10? 2. Any impact on Windows 10? https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co...
  7. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator: I recently upgraded my W8.1 system to W10. I'm assuming my administrator password is the same as it was - I don't recall being prompted to change and save it - but, I'm never prompted for it. Instead, everytime I try to do something that requires administrative privilege...
  8. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  9. cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd Scripts ask for elevated prompt: Hello, again *Smile I made a script to run a mmc console for de "Users & Computers of the domain" (DSA.EXE) Code: @Echo Off C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /netonly /user:domain\user "mmc dsa.msc"[/quote] It was working fine until I ran into this issue : Erreur de...
  10. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elevate CMD to admin from CMD

2. windows elevate to administrator in cmd

3. elevate cmd from cmd

4. how to elevate user to administrator in cmd,
  5. cmd commands to elevate to admin mode,
  6. elevate cmd from the cmd window,
  7. cant elevate to administrator,
  8. how to elevate credentials in cmd,
  9. elevate to administrator in cmd windows 10,
  10. how to elevate to administrator from cmd,
  11. how to elevate into admin cmd from cmd,