Windows 10: How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

Discus and support How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am getting what seems to be an overlay which is cut up and makes the area below unreadable. It appears over pictures and input areas. Does not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony1964, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Tony1964 Win User

How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

Am getting what seems to be an overlay which is cut up and makes the area below unreadable. It appears over pictures and input areas. Does not appear 100% but at a very high percentage of the time when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The jpg below shows the unwanted mask over the illustration of an Amazon book cover. Anyone, please help -- am going crazy!

How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas [​IMG]

:)

Tony1964, Jan 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 26, 2019
  4. How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

‚New Input method selection‘ prevents touch calibration.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may try the below suggested steps to disable Input Indicator.

1. Press Windows and
      I key on your keyboard > Click on Personalization.
    2. Click on Taskbar.
    3. Click on Turn system icons on or off
      under Notification area.
    4. Move the slider to off next to
      Input indicator and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

1. How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas - Similar Threads - eliminate masking pictures

2. Masked IPs in ipconfig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Masked IPs in ipconfig: Hello,Recently, I've been "scammed" and downloaded a fake software over discord and after that, my discord application disconnected and couldn't load it anymore. After that, I noticed I can't access any discord url such as https://discord.com/ or https://discordapp.com/ or...
  3. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  4. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  5. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  7. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  8. How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?: Hi, For the last year I have been using OneDrive for my photos. I have a Samsung A7 2018 phone. I get horrendous amounts of duplicate photos directly off my camera into OneDrive, almost half of all the camera photos not images mirroring my computer files there are...
  9. How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas

in Browsers and Email
    How to eliminate masking of pictures and input areas: Am getting what seems to be an overlay which is cut up and makes the area below unreadable. It appears over pictures and input areas. Does not appear 100% but at a very high percentage of the time when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The jpg below shows the unwanted...
  10. how to create kaffinity mask

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create kaffinity mask: Hello, i need select cpu cores on which will be processed dpc and isr. And i have no idea how to create kaffinity mask, it is 64bit value, which is in registry as binary value. I have 8 cores, 4 physical and 4 threads. I don't even know which are physical and which...