Windows 10: how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not...

Discus and support how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My startup takes forever. Then there are 20+ programs running that I rarely use but would like to be able to turn them on when needed. How do I modify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wookiewookie01, Oct 24, 2018.

1. how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not...

My startup takes forever. Then there are 20+ programs running that I rarely use but would like to be able to turn them on when needed. How do I modify startup to activate only the processes I need.

:)

wookiewookie01, Oct 24, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 24, 2018
  3. rypz79 Win User
    Cannot make a program to run at startup

I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan

how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not... [​IMG]

It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager

how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not... [​IMG]

But I doesn't work.
    The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works manually)

Any suggestions ?

TNX

rypz79, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Aceman.au Win User

how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not...

Mac. Programs run themselves on startup

As the title says. Im getting about 10-15 different programs running themselves on startup including Word, Powerpoint, a wireless internet toggle program, sketch up, comic life and many other programs. If you need more info please ask

I've found my way to Login items and theres only 1 box ticked there (ItunesHelper), so thats no help.

Version:
    Mac OSX 10.7.2

I haven't had much exposure to macs until recently, but I'm picking it up slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aceman.au, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not...

1. how to eliminate programs from startup. how to have programs need request to run not... - Similar Threads - eliminate programs startup

2. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  3. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  4. How Can I Eliminate A Windows Pin Request On Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Can I Eliminate A Windows Pin Request On Startup?: I have a Dell Windows 10 PC in my home where I am the only user so I did away with the requirement to need to enter a pin. I don't remember what I did but I do remember it was pretty easy. I have an 80 year old friend who lives alone and recently upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  5. Run a program at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  6. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  7. How do I find this program that's running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find this program that's running on startup?: I found this on startup, but I don't remember installing it. https://i.imgur.com/D353XMO.png I'd like to uninstall it, but it doesn't show up on programs and I can't find its location. I could disable it on startup, but I want to know where it is so I can uninstall....
  8. How do I prevent programs from running at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent programs from running at startup?: It seems some programs just want to start up no matter what. I have disabled them in Task Manager startup manager, deleted them from the startup folder ("shell:startup"), and deleted all of their task scheduler tasks, and they still start up. There are many programs like...
  9. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  10. How to lessen the programs in startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lessen the programs in startup.: Most of the programs in startup are not used. The reboot takes 5 minutes or more and the pc is so slow or locks up making me reboot. How can I select only the programs I want for fast startup. If I ever need these extras I can start them myself. Windows10 home edition....