Windows 10: How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?

Discus and support How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please provide me some guidance to eliminate the redundancies in my Win Explorer left pane. I work mainly out of Libraries but there's so much clutter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gdstuart, Dec 31, 2022.

1. gdstuart Win User

How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?

Please provide me some guidance to eliminate the redundancies in my Win Explorer left pane. I work mainly out of Libraries but there's so much clutter that it's just not quick and easy to get to my important stuff. For example:My drives are listed both under This PC and for two of them also under Desktop. How can I group them all under Desktop and eliminate the separate entries under This PC?For that matter, This PC is entirely useless because everything under that major entry is more logically shown somewhere else in the tree. How do I remove This PC?OneDrive shows up in three places:

:)

gdstuart, Dec 31, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Eliminate One Drive

Ran the CMD file (As Administrator). Restarted Win 10. Still listed in File Explorer.

How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10? [​IMG]

fireberd, Dec 31, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2022
  4. fireberd Win User

Eliminate One Drive

Update. I clicked on the One Drive entry in the File Explorer and get an invalid. So one drive must be gone just the listing of it in the File Manager was not removed.

How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10? [​IMG]

fireberd, Dec 31, 2022
Thema:

1. How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10? - Similar Threads - eliminate many redundant

2. How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?: After an update this unnecessary bar suddenly appeared. How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-redundant-barribbon-in-file-explorer/ff97bbe0-a2f9-4c15-83ce-9426fc105dd2
  3. How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?: After an update this unnecessary bar suddenly appeared. How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-redundant-barribbon-in-file-explorer/ff97bbe0-a2f9-4c15-83ce-9426fc105dd2
  4. How to remove duplicate folder entries in Explorer Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate folder entries in Explorer Win 11: My never-ending quest to de-clutter File Explorer continues....File Explorer contains two entirely duplicate folder trees:This PC\Users\gdstuDesktop\Geoff StuartThese folders have identical contents. I cannot display Properties for Desktop\Geoff Stuart. It appears to me a...
  5. How to remove duplicate folder entries in Explorer Win 11

How to remove duplicate folder entries in Explorer Win 11: My never-ending quest to de-clutter File Explorer continues....File Explorer contains two entirely duplicate folder trees:This PC\Users\gdstuDesktop\Geoff StuartThese folders have identical contents. I cannot display Properties for Desktop\Geoff Stuart. It appears to me a...
  6. How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?

How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?: Please provide me some guidance to eliminate the redundancies in my Win Explorer left pane. I work mainly out of Libraries but there's so much clutter that it's just not quick and easy to get to my important stuff. For example:My drives are listed both under This PC and for...
  7. How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to eliminate the many redundant entries in Win Explorer 10?: Please provide me some guidance to eliminate the redundancies in my Win Explorer left pane. I work mainly out of Libraries but there's so much clutter that it's just not quick and easy to get to my important stuff. For example:My drives are listed both under This PC and for...
  8. How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens?: How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens? 1st screen menu with a blue background color: "Windows Recovery"; "Windows 10"; "Enter AOMEI"; 2d Screen: "Continue to Windows"; "Use a Device" USB or Win recovery; "Troubleshoot-Reset your PC"; or "Turn off your PC". Of course when...
  9. How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens?

How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens?: How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens? 1st screen menu with a blue background color: "Windows Recovery"; "Windows 10"; "Enter AOMEI"; 2d Screen: "Continue to Windows"; "Use a Device" USB or Win recovery; "Troubleshoot-Reset your PC"; or "Turn off your PC". Of course when...
  10. How to eliminate first two Win 10 screens?

in Windows 10 Customization