Windows 10: How to enable a hosted network on windows 10?

Discus and support How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to enable a hosted adhoc network on Windows 10. I used the powershell to create the hosted network but now I can not get it to enable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wayne, May 15, 2019.

1. Wayne Win User

How to enable a hosted network on windows 10?

I'm trying to enable a hosted adhoc network on Windows 10. I used the powershell to create the hosted network but now I can not get it to enable.

I use the command:

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I get a resource unavailable error.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Wayne, May 15, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 15, 2019
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? [​IMG]

sml156, May 15, 2019
  4. Kaznkorr Win User

Hosted network not supported and hosted network driver is not visible after windows 10 upgrade

My laptop is dell and my phone is lenovo. It was all working fine before the windows upgrade. I have tried all the above mentioned steps. It says hosted network status not available and hosted network is not supported when i use "netsh wlan show drivers"...
    in my network adapters "microsoft hosted network adapter" is missing even after enabling show hidden devices. My drivers are from "broadcom".

Kaznkorr, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? - Similar Threads - enable hosted network

2. My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.: My windows 10 can't access internet when I enable my hosted network even though the ping in command prompt gives a response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-cant-access-internet-when-hosted/e2bc8bf4-a82c-4b9a-b4cf-b77cafec4da4
  3. My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.: My windows 10 can't access internet when I enable my hosted network even though the ping in command prompt gives a response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-cant-access-internet-when-hosted/e2bc8bf4-a82c-4b9a-b4cf-b77cafec4da4
  4. My windows can't access internet when hosted network enabled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hosted network

Hosted network: HI, Can anyone show me how to enable hostednetwork? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/0b13cd02-ae6c-47c2-b71f-b07ac41859a4
  6. Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS: Hi folks If you are playing around with KVM Hosts and want Windows VM's to have host access without going through all problems of creating bridges (not supported via KVM on WIFI anyway) here's a simple way to do it : The method works by defining a "Virtual network" and a...
  7. Hosted network

Hosted network: Hi, my PC is running win 10, when I try start hosted network using cmd it's not starting at all. But at the same time SHAREit can create it. Please help. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/88510dd6-1ae5-4e62-b5a2-ed453b32da64
  8. hosted network

hosted network: In the command window if I type "netsh wlan show drivers" It comes up "hosted network supported: No". I need to be able to make this a yes so I can create an ad hoc network to connect directly to my printer. I have win 10 and my old computer did this just fine. My new...
  9. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...
  10. enable windows script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enable windows script host: Help me please, I cannot find how to enable windows script host. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/enable-windows-script-host/99c42619-8537-416c-86dc-e6f27449fa72

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable hosted network windows 10