Windows 10: How to enable a hosted network on windows 10?

Discus and support How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to enable a hosted adhoc network on Windows 10. I used the powershell to create the hosted network but now I can not get it to enable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wayne, May 15, 2019.

1. Wayne Win User

How to enable a hosted network on windows 10?

I'm trying to enable a hosted adhoc network on Windows 10. I used the powershell to create the hosted network but now I can not get it to enable.

I use the command:

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I get a resource unavailable error.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Wayne, May 15, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 15, 2019
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? [​IMG]

sml156, May 15, 2019
  4. Kaznkorr Win User

Hosted network not supported and hosted network driver is not visible after windows 10 upgrade

My laptop is dell and my phone is lenovo. It was all working fine before the windows upgrade. I have tried all the above mentioned steps. It says hosted network status not available and hosted network is not supported when i use "netsh wlan show drivers"...
    in my network adapters "microsoft hosted network adapter" is missing even after enabling show hidden devices. My drivers are from "broadcom".

Kaznkorr, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable a hosted network on windows 10? - Similar Threads - enable hosted network

2. hosted network support- no

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hosted network support- no: How to to enable it hosted network support? Image is attached. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network-support-no/c6c54fdf-7cb4-44e1-b010-1cc831d7f41b
  3. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...
  4. hosted network support no

hosted network support no: I have windows 10. I have used hotspot service, but I have to reinstall windows for virus attack, after new installation I have a problem regarding hosted network. when type "netsh wlan show drivers" in Cmd it shows Hosted network supported : No, so couldn't start hotspot...
  5. hosting network problem

hosting network problem: i have a problem with hosting network in windows 10 , i used to open internet in mobile through hosting in my laptop but now the problem arises. The problem is Network get hosted but there is no internet connection . I have used share eit in my laptop since then this...
  6. Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows Defender Application Guard makes sure that any file you download stays in the virtual container. This makes sure that malicious files don’t breach into the host system. However, sometimes you need to download files to the host. Microsoft has offered this...
  7. enable windows script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enable windows script host: Help me please, I cannot find how to enable windows script host. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/enable-windows-script-host/99c42619-8537-416c-86dc-e6f27449fa72
  8. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?: I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA. I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up? Thanks....
  9. Hosted Network couldn't be started

Hosted Network couldn't be started: Hi, I am trying to make my laptop act as a wifi router following this tutorial: Create Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10 using Command Prompt - Technical Notes however, in step two an error occurs stating that "The hosted network couldn't be started." does anyone have an...
  10. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: Disable-NetAdapter -Name "network adapter name" -Confirm:$true 106397