Windows 10: How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

Discus and support How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; such as .exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-always-ask-before-opening-such-a/195e7c2c-3b6f-4f3d-98e4-ae388affecec Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YanhuiJessica, Oct 15, 2019.

1. How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

such as .exe

:)

YanhuiJessica, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 15, 2019
  4. How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

1. How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10 - Similar Threads - enable Always ask

2. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  3. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  4. Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10: Hi, Is there any way of re-enabling the check box 'Always ask before opening this file type' in Windows 10? It is for a .docx file. I have tried removing the default program association through regedit, but cannot find anything online that shows how to re-enable this tick...
  5. Win10 always asks for permission to open one app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 always asks for permission to open one app: Win10 has started asking permission every time to open a program that I've had since XP. UAC offers a slider to change permissions. Is there any way to tell Win10 to just open this app every time without asking. Thanks...
  6. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  7. How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  8. Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016: I accidentally remove the checkbox 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' when opening an attachment in outlook 2016 on windows 10. Anyone knows how i can restore this please? *Mad i find that you can resolve this by deleting the long string number in the key...
  9. Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File'

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File': When I'm about to install an .exe file I get a security warning with the heading, "Do you want to run this file" along with an option to, "Always ask before opening this file." I checked off that option and I disabled UAC. I don't want to see this message again when I install...
  10. Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file'

in Windows 10 Support
    Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file': How do I reenable back the 'Always ask before opening this file' security popup for a .js script file? It is normally executed by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. While it is annoying for everytime I double-clicked it instead of right-clicking it to edit the code,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 app ask before opening

2. enable always ask before opening files windows 10