Windows 10: How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10?

Discus and support How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this article, we are going to discuss what is SNMP and how to install or enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 10. SNMP which stands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10?

How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10? What-is-SNMP-How-to-enable-and-configure-SNMP-service-in-Windows-10.png
    In this article, we are going to discuss what is SNMP and how to install or enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 10. SNMP which stands for Simple Network Management Protocol is a standard internet protocol that is used to govern and manage communication amongst multiple networking devices connected over an IP. It enables […]

This article How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 11, 2021
  2. moonpoint Win User

Is the "SNMP Service" unavailable in Windows 10?

If you don't see SNMP Service in the list of available services, but only SNMP Trap, then you need to add the service, which you can do by the following steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel.
    2. Select Programs from within the Control Panel, then, under
      Programs and Features, select Turn Windows features on or off.
    3. Find Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) in the list of
      features and check the check box next to it then click on OK.

Once you've installed support for the service, the process for configuring the service is the same process as for configuring SNMP on Windows 7 systems.

moonpoint, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Is the "SNMP Service" unavailable in Windows 10?

Adding the SMTP service to a Windows OS seems quite straightforward in almost all cases: open the Windows Features interface, then check the "Simple Network Management Protocol" option. After rebooting, a new local service should be available called "SNMP Service".

I've followed those steps in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, but I find that there is no "SNMP Service" to be found. There is an "SNMP Trap" service, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for. It seems the SNMP agent settings (eg. community name) can only be modified within the properties of "SNMP Service".

In my searching, I found a Powershell command purported to install the SNMP service:

However, the result is an error message (even when run as Administrator):

The words "client-based operating system" suggests the SNMP service is only available for Windows Server OSes, but that wasn't true for Windows 7/8. So I'm curious whether this has changed with Windows 10.

jsstaedtler, Jul 11, 2021
  4. How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10?

SNMP Configuration

Hello guys,

I am going to configurate SNMP on some servers and clients with following considerations:

1. Servers must be monitored using our Monitoring system

2. Servers and some clients are supposed to send Traps to SIEM

For completing Task1, we installed SNMP option feature and configured SNMP server ( Security tab > community string and Accept packet from specific server). Now, monitoring server is able to poll information and make graphs.

But, for completing Task2, we have to change Destination Trap port. Because SIEM is listening on a port different than the default.

* It is important to keep listening on default port ( Because Monitoring server is POLLING information from that), and send trap to another port(Because SIEM is LISTENING to a customized port).

Could please help with this scenario and also a scenario in which both listening and sending ports would change.

SalemMahara, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10?

1. How to enable and configure SNMP service in Windows 11/10? - Similar Threads - enable configure SNMP

2. Download FOD Package for Enabling SNMP Services in Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download FOD Package for Enabling SNMP Services in Windows 10 & 11: Hi All , I need your guidance for downloading below FOD Package for windows , Pls let me know from where i can download this. Feature: SNMP WMI ProviderDescription: Enables WMI clients to consume SNMP information through the CIM model as implemented by WMIDependencies:...
  3. Download FOD Package for Enabling SNMP Services in Windows 10 & 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download FOD Package for Enabling SNMP Services in Windows 10 & 11: Hi All , I need your guidance for downloading below FOD Package for windows , Pls let me know from where i can download this. Feature: SNMP WMI ProviderDescription: Enables WMI clients to consume SNMP information through the CIM model as implemented by WMIDependencies:...
  4. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...: Hi Team I need to enable SNMP Services on Windows 11 & 10 Machine in offline mode. We cannot use internet on site due to security issues What we need is : 1. Either a FOD package that includes “Network tools” features - which in turn has SNMP and WMI SNMP features. 2. Or,...
  5. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...: Hi Team I need to enable SNMP Services on Windows 11 & 10 Machine in offline mode. We cannot use internet on site due to security issues What we need is : 1. Either a FOD package that includes “Network tools” features - which in turn has SNMP and WMI SNMP features. 2. Or,...
  6. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

7. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...: Hi TeamI need to enable SNMP Services on Windows 11 & 10 Machine in offline mode. We cannot use internet on site due to security issues. What we need is :1. Either a FOD package that includes “Network tools” features - which in turn has SNMP and WMI SNMP features.2. Or,...
  8. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...: Hi TeamI need to enable SNMP Services on Windows 11 & 10 Machine in offline mode. We cannot use internet on site due to security issues. What we need is :1. Either a FOD package that includes “Network tools” features - which in turn has SNMP and WMI SNMP features.2. Or,...
  9. Windows 11 & Windows 10 Issue - Enabling SNMP services- Machines working in OFFLINE Mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. SNMP Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNMP Configuration: Hello guys, I am going to configurate SNMP on some servers and clients with following considerations: 1. Servers must be monitored using our Monitoring system 2. Servers and some clients are supposed to send Traps to SIEM For completing Task1, we installed SNMP option...