Windows 10: How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices

Discus and support How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you use Microsoft Edge on your PC and your smartphone, with Tab sync […] This article How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices

WinClub, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.

Tab Groups includes the following features:
    • Add tab to new or existing group
    • Remove tab from group
    • Name or rename group
    • Open new tab in group
    • Ungroup tabs in a group
    • Close group to remove group and all added tabs
    Starting with the Microsoft Edge Canary 89.0.722.0 version , you can now enable the Tab Groups Collapse experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow a tab group to be collapsible and expandable, if tab groups are enabled.

If you enable Tab Groups Collapse, you can click/tap on the tab group name to toggle collapse and expand of the tab group.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Tab Groups Collapse in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Auto Create in Microsoft Edge

You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.

Tab Groups includes the following features:
    • Add tab to new or existing group
    • Remove tab from group
    • Name or rename group
    • Open new tab in group
    • Ungroup tabs in a group
    • Close group to remove group and all added tabs
    Starting with the Microsoft Edge Canary 89.0.722.0 version , you can now enable the Tab Groups Auto Create experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to automatically create tab groups for users, if tab groups are enabled.

If you enable Tab Groups Auto Create, tab groups will automatically be created when you open links in a new tab from within a currently open tab.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Tab Groups Auto Create in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Auto Create in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  4. RickC Win User

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices - Similar Threads - enable Sync Microsoft

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  4. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  5. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  6. Syncing changes across devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing changes across devices?: I have a laptop and a PC that I use for different things, and both are configured in quite a number of ways. Of course I sync my personal files over GDrive, but I was wondering if there are ways to sync changes that Windows doesn't automatically. I am thinking of something...
  7. Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user can choose to copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. One can also pin the […] This article Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  9. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...