Windows 10: how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

Discus and support how to enable auto login in ChrEdge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts. In Edge I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dlross, Jun 28, 2020.

1. dlross Win User

how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts.

In Edge I have "save passwords" and "auto login" turned on, When I manually enter username and password fields, the browser offers to save them (unfortunately only when a password field is present which complicates two screen logins). I save the username (manually entered into the save window) and password.

When I revisit the site to login, no auto login sequence executes. I'm presented with the normal login window(s) for the site and have to manually enter the UID and Passwords.

Must be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Searches haven't helped. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

dlross, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Clogboy Win User

How do I disable auto-login on W10

Method two, step five: if it shows you how to enable auto login, then you also know how to disable it. This might help you but you gotta read. Sometimes, a guide that shows the opposite of what you want can still help you.

Clogboy, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

Do you have this setting on?

how to enable auto login in ChrEdge [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. how to enable auto login in ChrEdge - Similar Threads - enable auto login

2. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  3. how to enable fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable fingerprint login: how to enable fingerprint login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-fingerprint-login/223d7683-bf05-4b6a-876e-69116517d0f8
  4. how to enable fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable fingerprint login: how to enable fingerprint login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-fingerprint-login/223d7683-bf05-4b6a-876e-69116517d0f8
  5. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  6. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  7. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  8. How to disable Auto Login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  9. How to Auto Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Auto Login: I want to be able to just turn on my Computer running Windows 10 and have it LOGIN automatically. all the tricks on the web aren't working. Please advise Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-login/84922d66-c5b3-4da1-9279-57955a3d77b9
  10. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...