Windows 10: how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

Discus and support how to enable auto login in ChrEdge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts. In Edge I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dlross, Jun 28, 2020 at 1:57 PM.

1. dlross Win User

how to enable auto login in ChrEdge

I'm using the Chrome version of Edge in Win 10 1909. I do NOT login to a Microsoft account and will not sync passwords to online accounts.

In Edge I have "save passwords" and "auto login" turned on, When I manually enter username and password fields, the browser offers to save them (unfortunately only when a password field is present which complicates two screen logins). I save the username (manually entered into the save window) and password.

When I revisit the site to login, no auto login sequence executes. I'm presented with the normal login window(s) for the site and have to manually enter the UID and Passwords.

Must be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Searches haven't helped. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

2. Clogboy Win User

How do I disable auto-login on W10

Method two, step five: if it shows you how to enable auto login, then you also know how to disable it. This might help you but you gotta read. Sometimes, a guide that shows the opposite of what you want can still help you.

3. Edwin Win User
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

Do you have this setting on?

how to enable auto login in ChrEdge [​IMG]

4. Peer_Sam Win User

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Thema:

1. how to enable auto login in ChrEdge - Similar Threads - enable auto login

2. How to disable Auto Login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Auto Login?: So I have two accounts on my laptop: Administrator (no password) Work Account (password-protected) How do I make it so that my laptop ALWAYS asks me to choose which account to use? From what I understand, if I shut down while using my Administrator account, it signs in...
  3. File Tags - How to Enable Auto Fill In?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Tags - How to Enable Auto Fill In?: In normal case, when adding tags in file explorer to a mp3 or excel file, if I have details view enabled, file explorer will show me the data on far right of screen. if I click on Tags: I can enter a tag. While typing, suppose there should be an auto-fill list that comes up...
  4. Auto login and pictures at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto login and pictures at login: Hello, I configured auto login on the computer with Windows 10 I use. The version is Windows 10 Entreprise Version 1607, and I cannot change this (requirement from the entreprise to keep this version). However, since I configured auto login, the user account picture is no...
  5. How to STOP Auto Login of last user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to STOP Auto Login of last user: How do I force Windows 10 to display a list of users instead of automatically logging to the last used account? I have seen "fixes" posted for Windows 8, but I have also seen lots of comments that these fixes won't work in Windows 10. I'm looking for a reliable fix for...
  6. How to auto login in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to auto login in Windows 10: Last Updated on April 24, 2019Do you ever find yourself thinking “why do I even need to login every time I want to use my computer?”. If you’re using your home PC or you never take your laptop out of your home, logging in every single time you want to use your computer...
  7. How to enable start menu auto-expand?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable start menu auto-expand?: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/15/windows-10-19h1-to-change-start-menus-navigation-pane-behaviour/ thanx in advance!...
  8. How to Auto Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Auto Login: I want to be able to just turn on my Computer running Windows 10 and have it LOGIN automatically. all the tricks on the web aren't working. Please advise Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-login/84922d66-c5b3-4da1-9279-57955a3d77b9
  9. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180