Windows 10: How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server

Discus and support How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When it comes to .NET Framework updates, IT admins always need to be careful about if they should be deployed or not. However, the other side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server

How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server Enable-automatic-.NET-updates-in-Windows-Server.jpg
    When it comes to .NET Framework updates, IT admins always need to be careful about if they should be deployed or not. However, the other side of the coin is that businesses also want the updates to be available on all the servers as soon as they are available. Microsoft is making these available as […]

This article How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 15, 2022
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 15, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. How to enable Automatic .NET Updates in Windows Server - Similar Threads - enable Automatic NET

2. How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?: Hi all,Is it possible to enable Tamper Protection on Windows servers? I've navigated to where the option is supposed to be in Windows settings to turn it on as described here but I can't see it. I can see the option on my Windows 10 machine, however.I've tried to turn it on...
  3. How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Tamper Protection on Windows Server?: Hi all,Is it possible to enable Tamper Protection on Windows servers? I've navigated to where the option is supposed to be in Windows settings to turn it on as described here but I can't see it. I can see the option on my Windows 10 machine, however.I've tried to turn it on...
  4. After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable: Hi After Windows Update Is automatically Bitlocker enable. know is asking Bitlocker key where i check my MS account it's show Bitlocker is not enable. how i have open laptop without bitlocker key. [ATTACH]...
  5. How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10: Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows 10 will automatically download and install important and critical updates by default Some updates are not installed automatically. This includes optional...
  6. how to enable windows 10 automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to enable windows 10 automatic updates: how to enable windows 10 automatic updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-windows-10-automatic-updates/604157fb-417c-4c12-8ea0-fb2e7c9a0d0d
  7. How to enable .Net Framework 3.5 (& 2.0) on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable .Net Framework 3.5 (& 2.0) on Windows 10.: Hi, I am trying to run a program that requires .Net Framework 2.0. I downloaded 3.5 from the site, tried installing it without much luck. I realized I could simply go in and turn the .Net Framework 3.5 and 2.0 under Windows Features, although when I turned it on and restarted...
  8. How to enable Windows 10 automatic update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to enable Windows 10 automatic update?: Hi as my computer keeps crashing after the latest Window 10 automatic update (while before it was working fine) I would like to unable to automatic updates. I read that you have to run the gpedit.msc program but Windows cannot find it as it only runs in Pro I understand....
  9. windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows automatically re-enabling Windows Update service: I typically have the Windows Update service disabled so that i can download/install updates when i want to. However, sometime over the last month or so windows has started automatically re-enabling the Update service - I disable it... check it a few days later & it's back on...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows...