Windows 10: How to enable cap lock key Windows 10

Discus and support How to enable cap lock key Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My father used a Disable_Caps_lock.reg download. I am trying to enable the cap lock key. I followed the directions via this community.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathleenMiller-Bannar, Dec 27, 2019.

1. How to enable cap lock key Windows 10

My father used a Disable_Caps_lock.reg download. I am trying to enable the cap lock key. I followed the directions via this community.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\KeyboardLayout. There was nothing listed as Scancode Map.

Under Keyboard Layout

Preload

default REG_SZ value not set

1 REG_SZ 00000409

Substitutes

default REG_SZ value not set

Can someone assist?

:)

KathleenMiller-Bannar, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Yep me!!!!*Redface

Note: The original PNGs I found on Bing Images, but artist name wasn't given, I did alot of modifying in GIMP and iconified them myself though.

But....
    Shawn you know how I like personalizing dry things like .bat, .vbs, and .reg file, right?

1. Well I created a folder for both reg files, and placed it in my Documents folder.
    2. Then I created shortcuts to the desktop(using "Send to").
    3. I placed the shortcuts in a folder on the desktop.
    4. Then I customized the folder icon, and the reg file shortcuts(you cannot change the actual reg files icon, hence the shortcuts).
    I did this so that I could run both files as needed from the desktop toolbar.

How to enable cap lock key Windows 10 [​IMG]

Caps Lock off icon.ico

Caps Lock on icon.ico

Cliff S, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Here is the folder icon too:

Caps Switches Folder icon.ico

Cliff S, Dec 27, 2019
  4. How to enable cap lock key Windows 10

Caps lock indicator

Hello,

You can make your Windows 10 PC easier to use with the help of Ease of Access. We suggest enabling
    Toggle Keys. You can hear a tone whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock when it's enabled.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.
    • Go to Toggle Keys.
    • Turn On the option Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.

How to enable cap lock key Windows 10 8e4ff741-3d0b-4fc0-93a8-9f5e158733c4.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How to enable cap lock key Windows 10

1. How to enable cap lock key Windows 10 - Similar Threads - enable cap lock

2. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  3. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  4. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. caps lock key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock key: Hi, after win 11 pro update the visual mode of my caps lock and num lock keypad doesn't work, i tried everything again but it doesn't work. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-key/9272a23b-a780-4442-abd3-c66017b299b6
  6. How to use the Shift key to enable or disable Caps Lock in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the Shift key to enable or disable Caps Lock in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Not only does all-Caps text looks annoying, but the accidental turning on of the Caps Lock is also annoying. It happens now and then, only […] This article How to use the Shift key to enable or disable Caps Lock in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Caps Lock key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock key: My caps lock key isn't working when pressed. It's a Laptop and I've attached an external keyboard and it doesn't work on there either. Things I've tried: 1 re-writing the registry for caps lock by forcing it off and then back on. 2 re-map the key to another key still...
  8. Caps Lock Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Key: HI, my caps lock key on my laptop is acting strange. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work in Word, but does on the internet, but I can't turn it off. I plugged in another keyboard into my laptop, and it still didn't work, so it's not a problem with the...
  9. Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Caps Lock key not working? Enable or Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Caps Lock key on any computer is a really useful key when it comes to typing anything in block letters really easily. But sometimes while intending to use the Tab key or Shift key, the user tends to hit the Caps Lock key [...] This post Caps Lock key not...
  10. Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10 [img] Information Caps Lock is a button on a keyboard that changes if a letter should be capitalized or not. This tutorial will show you how to enable...