Windows 10: How to enable classic file explorer? Last update has removed it.

Discus and support How to enable classic file explorer? Last update has removed it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; During the last update I think the Nov 14th one, i had a lockup so I downloaded the update assistant. After running it and rebooting I noticed that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by manintan, Nov 20, 2019.

1. manintan Win User

How to enable classic file explorer? Last update has removed it.

During the last update I think the Nov 14th one, i had a lockup so I downloaded the update assistant.

After running it and rebooting I noticed that my file explorer is using the new look and not the classic or original look which I was using. Im not sure what it was called but it was just the regular file explorer and it said organize at the top.

Only asking since I have noticed that it does this weird thing where when you type something in the search box instead of searching nothing happens until you hit enter and there is an arrow there which I noticed wasnt there before.

Did the update remove our access to the regular no frills file explorer and can we restore it without third party apps or are we stuck with this one? Funny that they say its an update, when it just makes the end user experience worse.

:)

manintan, Nov 20, 2019

2. How Do I Remove Ie Explorer Totally ??

From IEBlog – Internet Explorer Team Blog

ShadowFlare, Nov 20, 2019
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Nov 20, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable classic file explorer? Last update has removed it. - Similar Threads - enable classic file

2. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer: Hi Everyone,Is enabling log file path possible? I have set LongPathsEnabled in the registry to 1 and also enabled it in Local Group Policy Editor Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem.The instructions in...
  3. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer: Hi Everyone,Is enabling log file path possible? I have set LongPathsEnabled in the registry to 1 and also enabled it in Local Group Policy Editor Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem.The instructions in...
  4. How to Enable Long File Paths on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to restore the classic File Explorer context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore the classic File Explorer context menu in Windows 11: Microsoft changed File Explorer in its new Windows 11 operating system significantly. The default file manager displays just a few icons at the top, instead of the tabbed interface that it uses in Windows 10. Another big difference becomes apparent when you right-click in...
  6. Removing File Explorer categories - How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing File Explorer categories - How?: How do you get rid of these annoying categories in file explorer, I did it on one windows 10 Pro 20H2 installation but I'm building another and I forgot how... see picture (the circled items): [img] 177428
  7. File explorer freezing since the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing since the last update: I have been unable to use File Explorer since yesterday, coinciding with the installation of update KB4570505. File Explorer will open and run for a few seconds before freezing and displaying "not responding". I am unable to uninstall the update. I tried running a sfc...
  8. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  9. How to enable "Windows Classic Theme" on Win10?

How to enable "Windows Classic Theme" on Win10?: I have a Win10 laptop. In the past I had Win7 PC with theme called "Windows Classic". But now in my new laptop I can't find this option. What should I do? I really want to use that theme. It was clean, simple, easy on the eye and much better than the new Win10 flat theme....
  10. How do I enable the classic view or classic shell in windows 10?

How do I enable the classic view or classic shell in windows 10?: How do I enable the classic view or classic shell in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-the-classic-view-or-classic-shell/683addbb-e928-4e17-ad81-95d154902c67

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable classic file explorer