Windows 10: How to enable Copilot in Windows 11

Discus and support How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; About a month ago, Microsoft revealed Windows Copilot for Windows 11. The Redmond company has introduced the feature in the latest Dev Channel build.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 30, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to enable Copilot in Windows 11

About a month ago, Microsoft revealed Windows Copilot for Windows 11. The Redmond company has introduced the feature in the latest Dev Channel build. We take a closer look at it, and also tell you how to enable the integrated experience.

The announcement from the company says that Windows Copilot uses the same Microsoft account that is used to sign in to Windows, i.e. Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Active Directory (AAD). Microsoft is rolling out the feature on an A/B basis.

If you want to try it right now, you can manually enable Copilot using the velocity codes listed below (courtesy: Rafael Rivera). You will need to update your computer to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23493, and make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Edge (115.0.1901.150 or higher).

1. Download and extract ViveTool's archive to C:\ViveTool.

2. Open a command prompt with adminstrator privileges.

3. Paste each of the following lines (one at a time), and press enter.

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:44774629

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:44850061

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:44776738

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:42105254

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:41655236

4. Restart your computer.

How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 How-to-enable-Copilot-in-Windows-11.jpg

You should see the Copilot icon on your Taskbar. Click on it to open the built-in chatbot. Copilot's interface will pop up in a sidebar form in the right edge of your screen, it is powered by Microsoft Edge. Windows Copilot can be opened with the keyboard shortcut Win + C, it replaces the Teams chat hotkey. You cannot unpin Copilot from the Taskbar, but there is a way to remove the icon. Right-click on the Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings, this will allow you to toggle the button's visibility.

The AI tool can do all that the web version of Bing Chat is capable of and more. Windows 11's chatbot has some special features that integrates with the operating system to allow you to perform various actions with ease. This includes anything from simple tasks like copy/paste, trigger snap assist, or to change various Settings in the operating system. It can also perform advanced tasks such as making calls, find flights, etc.

During the announcement at the Build Conference, Microsoft had said that Windows Copilot would support third-party plugins to allow apps to integrate with the AI-powered tool. Well, the current implementation of the chatbot does not support plugins, but Microsoft has confirmed that it will add support for plugins in the future. Windows Copilot will also gain new features over time as the company improves the experience based on feedback from users.

So, for now, you can ask Copilot to answer your queries, You can set the conversation style to be More Creative, or More Balanced, or More Precise, just like you can with Bing Chat on the web. Want something more? Ask it to capture the screen, or to summarize the current tab in Edge, turn on Dark mode, toggle Do Not Disturb, generate an image, or to write something.

How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 Copilot-interface-in-Windows-11.jpg

For example, when I asked it to take a screenshot, Copilot searched for the corresponding action, and then invoked the Snipping Tool. All I had to do was click the mouse to save the image. When I told it to enable Dark Mode, it displayed an option to toggle the Setting.

How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 using-Copilot-in-Windows-11.jpg

While keyboard shortcuts may be faster to access the features, the chatbot can be useful for people who aren't experienced with using computers.

It is a good start, but Copilot still has a long way to go. Windows 11 Build 23493 ships with a few more interesting changes. It brings a new home page to the Settings app, and adds support for several archive formats including RAR, 7z, TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, TAR.ZST, TAR.XZ, TGZ, TBZ2, TZST, TXZ, and more in File Explorer. The file manager's built-in archive tool can only open and extract the said formats, so you will need third-party tools to create new archives of the types.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 30, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft 365 Copilot is coming to OneNote

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...t/ba-p/3788442

Brink, Jun 30, 2023
  3. Lumia 620 and Copilot

Hi, I have tried 3 times to install Copilot on my Lumia 620 but each time the software fails to get a GPS signal. All other applications (like all the Here+ apps and Google Maps etc) get a signal without a problem.

Copilot supports say (and I quote) "There is no physical way copilot can affect your device. You might need to see the nearest vendor to check up the GPS. "

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions welcome, I have been using Copilot for 8 years on an iPaq 6900 but would like to move to the Lumia.

Regards

Barry

Baz2126---01, Jun 30, 2023
  4. Indy74 Win User

Uninstalling CoPilot - How?

Thanks, fiat_lux!

I as much as you thought that if the application was not activated therefore it's not installed and deleted the folder. But i was wrong.

Two things remained:

a) the shortcut in the programs list - i thought it was a .lnk file and did a search but there wasn't such file in any directory.

b) a big 8mb. file in windows directory which is untouchable("delete"option is not active) - which actually was the only file with "copilot" name in the directories at all.

Then i did a hard reset hoping those two would disappear, but when the handset started i sadly found out that nothing had changed. Even more: the folder i previously deleted was there again.

So my wild guess is that "copilot" is somehow locked to the firmware and it can't be removed. And that big 8mb. file i mentioned above is actually the installable CoPilot.

I'm afraid i'll need more "hard" approach to get rid of these annoying program. ROM editor or something?

Thanks again for the reply.

Indy74, Jun 30, 2023
Thema:

1. How to enable Copilot in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - enable Copilot

2. how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?: how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ? tried vive tool to enable it but getting errors, theres no option in registry either ?!followed all these steps shown in these...
  3. how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?: how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ? tried vive tool to enable it but getting errors, theres no option in registry either ?!followed all these steps shown in these...
  4. how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Copilot for Windows - how to Enable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot for Windows - how to Enable?: Hi all,Ok, so this is ridiculous, but I don't know, where else to write:Anyone knows, how to enable Copilot in Europe?There are guides out there mostly registry tweaking and link creation, on how to enable this feature.And I made it work for a while. Happy as I could be, I...
  6. Copilot for Windows - how to Enable?

Copilot for Windows - how to Enable?: Hi all,Ok, so this is ridiculous, but I don't know, where else to write:Anyone knows, how to enable Copilot in Europe?There are guides out there mostly registry tweaking and link creation, on how to enable this feature.And I made it work for a while. Happy as I could be, I...
  7. Copilot Preview on Windows 10 Unable to Perform Actions e.g. Open App or Enable Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot Preview on Windows 10 Unable to Perform Actions e.g. Open App or Enable Dark Mode: After enabling the preview of MS Co-Pilot on Windows 10, I was able to chat with Co-Pilot, but unable to interact with the OS in ANY way.I tried changing settings, opening apps, etc. At first it would at least try, and I would see:[Opening Notepad...]followed byOK, Notepad is...
  8. Copilot Preview on Windows 10 Unable to Perform Actions e.g. Open App or Enable Dark Mode

Copilot Preview on Windows 10 Unable to Perform Actions e.g. Open App or Enable Dark Mode: After enabling the preview of MS Co-Pilot on Windows 10, I was able to chat with Co-Pilot, but unable to interact with the OS in ANY way.I tried changing settings, opening apps, etc. At first it would at least try, and I would see:[Opening Notepad...]followed byOK, Notepad is...
  9. Copilot Preview on Windows 10 Unable to Perform Actions e.g. Open App or Enable Dark Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to enable Microsoft Copilot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Microsoft Copilot on Windows 10: You can enable the hidden Copilot in Windows 10 by installing Build 19045.3754 (KB5032278) or newer, turning on three experimental flags (id:46686174, 47530616, 44755019), and making some minor edits to the Registry. Once done, Copilot will be pinned to the right side of the...