Windows 10: How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

Discus and support How to enable Cortana in my lock screen in Cortana to solve the problem; I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by yugeskumaran, Mar 20, 2021.

1. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen.

My Cortana settings look like this:

How to enable Cortana in my lock screen 745b2ef4-1bde-4ebc-b822-96261671c8db?upload=true.png

can anyone help me with this?

:)

yugeskumaran, Mar 20, 2021

2. Cortana on Lock screen not working

Hi Nishadha,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Step 2: Make sure that Cortana is enabled

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Step 3: Turn on Location

1. Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

2. On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

3. And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider

to on position.

To interact with Cortana on the Lock Screen, you simply need to say Hey Cortana and she’ll get ready. You can ask Cortana for various things while on the Lock Screen, like the forecast, latest news, and more.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Eiji T Win User
    Eiji T, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

1. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen - Similar Threads - enable Cortana lock

2. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  3. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  4. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana an Lock Screen...

in Cortana
    Cortana an Lock Screen...: Hi There, Cortana an Lock Screen is not working on Lock screen I enabled all setting. Fix me Out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-an-lock-screen/35e5da46-6dd2-4deb-b5a8-6c9bc5e3d826
  6. Cortana lock screen problem

in Cortana
    Cortana lock screen problem: Hi suddenly from today when I turned on my pc , Cortana lock screen has disappeared . Instead of Cortana icon , exactly in the same place , now is displayed this messagewith the "networkglobal" icon in the left : Download the new browser recommend by Microsoft...
  7. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen: Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-pictures-on-startup-not-lock-screen/9413b278-9a26-4789-9d5f-581fa70be93e
  8. enable Cortana

in Cortana
    enable Cortana: I cannot get Cortana to change and open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-cortana/ea55e2d4-433c-4259-95f6-07586c39d704"
  9. Enabling Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Lock Screen.: I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs. All Windows 10 Home...up to date. Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Page 26 - Customization Tutorials When pressing W key and L the lock screen...
  10. Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana on your Lock Screen in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...