Windows 10: How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to enable Cortana on Windows 10? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do i enable Cortana on Windows 10 Pro 1909? Note that i am in Romania.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Radu Ion, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Radu Ion Win User

How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?

How do i enable Cortana on Windows 10 Pro 1909? Note that i am in Romania.

:)

Radu Ion, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Tebe---01 Win User

Enable Cortana in non-Cortana area

I have previously made an update with a solution to the problem, see below.

Update, problem solved:

I found this comment by chance on the Windows Central website for an article by Mauro Huculak on “How to use Cortana on Windows 10.

Mastering Cortana on Windows 10

Once I had taped the “Search icon” (see below) the Cortana app magically appeared on the app list on my phone. Do one need to do this when enabling Cortana, or is this a bug? I usually, of old habit, go directly to Bing when searching
    so I might not have used the Search app since I began to enable Cortana.

“…Cortana isn't available only in the above countries and I'll explain myself (below I'm referring to my phone, but the PC steps are similar).

I live in Greece (not on the list). I've set the Country/Region to "Greece" and the Regional format to "Greek (Greece)". My phone language is in "English (US)" because I want to. Of coerce, Cortana was hidden for me.

To enable her I had to tap on Search icon and then tap Settings. At the top it says "Cortana language" and I selected "English (US)". I got a warning saying that Cortana's language and my region's language are different and I
    just tapped on "Yes". That's it. After a while I had Cortana's icon in my app list. Same steps for PC.

I found that by chance. So, give it a try.”

Mastering Cortana on Windows 10

Tebe---01, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to enable Cortana on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - enable Cortana

2. I can't enable Cortana

in Cortana
    I can't enable Cortana: Hi,I have tried the following to get Cortana to work 1uninstalled and reinstalled Cortana2 ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth3 ran sfc /scannowStill, I get “Cortana is disabled, To use Cortana, you need to get permission your administrator“ error.There is no...
  3. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana in my lock screen: I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen. My Cortana settings look like this: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  5. How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box

in Cortana
    How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box: Hello. My problem is that. I changed my computer to English. I set the region to the United States. I can open the Cortana application by pressing the Cortana icon, but cortana and search settings do not appear in the settings screen. My goal is to use Cortana in the search...
  6. HOW TO ENABLE CORTANA IN PC FROM NEPAL!????

in Cortana
    HOW TO ENABLE CORTANA IN PC FROM NEPAL!????: Can we change the location ? The efault location is UK but I am IN Nepal. And when I try to enable cortana, It says cortana isn't available in ur region! Any tricks or process to enable cortana from Nepal??? Reply...
  7. No option to enable Cortana button

in Cortana
    No option to enable Cortana button: Hi, I right clicked the taskbar. Look: [ATTACH] No option to enable Cortana button. Can someone please help? How can I fix this? Will 20H1 fix the issue?...
  8. How to enable sound in Cortana Beta version?

in Cortana
    How to enable sound in Cortana Beta version?: When I upgraded my windows from 1909 to 2004 version, I saw Cortana beta version at the place of Cortana. That was great but a problem I am having with this, I am unable to hear Cortana's voice. Can anyone help me? How can I enable Cortana sound?...
  9. I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT

in Cortana
    I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT: I have linked the turn meross on/off applets with IFTTT and they work fine when tested with the button widget, and the Cortana service is enabled on IFTTT. But I've tried with no luck to get the IFTTT skill enabled on Cortana and I've tried asking different things like turn...
  10. I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.

in Cortana
    I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.: Hello, I don't have all my Cortana settings in Windows Settings and even in Task Bar. I would like to enable Cortana but I can't. My region settings are in the United States. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any help! Thank you so much!...