Windows 10: How to enable Device Encryption Support?

Discus and support How to enable Device Encryption Support? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to enable Device Encryption Support? Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by furbzeyyy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. furbzeyyy Win User

How to enable Device Encryption Support?

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected

:)

furbzeyyy, Oct 5, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 mobile device encryption

Hello Charles,

You will be unable to change the activation waiting time on the Windows 10 Mobile once you enabled the device encryption. We suggest that you report your concern on the Feedback Hub to let our relevant team know about this. You can follow the steps below
    on how to send a feedback:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Problem or Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then submit it.

Don't hesitate to ask the community if you need more help.

Michael Rey, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Better then to ask someone who's actually prepared to talk about it, like Dell...

https://www.dell.com/support/article...efault?lang=en

Bree, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to enable Device Encryption Support? - Similar Threads - enable Device Encryption

2. Device Encryption Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Encryption Support: Hi there!I'm trying to get Secure Boot and Device Encryption working. Before you say it, I know... another post trying to sort it. I've tried for an hour straight trying to sort this. Here's the current issues I'm facing; Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device...
  3. Device Encryption Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Encryption Support: Hi there!I'm trying to get Secure Boot and Device Encryption working. Before you say it, I know... another post trying to sort it. I've tried for an hour straight trying to sort this. Here's the current issues I'm facing; Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device...
  4. Device encryption not shown , Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption not shown , Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device...: I dual booted my device windows 11 with ubuntu , but before doing that i disabled device encryption by accessing it directly through settings. now after i have dual booted i search for device encryption but can't find it in settings anymore. I ran system information as...
  5. Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...: Hello,I am trying to enable Bitlocker encryption on some of my drives. However, I am running into some problems. When I try to turn on Bitlocker in my settings, I get the "Failed to open the BitLocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005" message. I went into my system...
  6. Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Enable Encryption: Device Encryption Support Says "Un-allowed DMA capable...: Hello,I am trying to enable Bitlocker encryption on some of my drives. However, I am running into some problems. When I try to turn on Bitlocker in my settings, I get the "Failed to open the BitLocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005" message. I went into my system...
  7. Device Encryption Support.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption Support.: I've noticed in System Information that Device Encryption Support is not enabled. Does anybody know what the error message means? I found a related Microsoft document but don't understand it. "Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected"...
  8. Can't enable device encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable device encryption: Hi everyone, I'm trying to set up device encryption on my laptop with Windows 10 Home. I've checked and I have TPM 2.0 but when I look under system information I get: "Reason for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not...
  9. cannot enable device encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot enable device encryption: looking at msinfo I get the following reason : Device Encryption Support : Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected Can someone explain to me how...
  10. Device Encryption Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Support: Hi there. I've discovered that I'm having a similar issue to the gent in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-device-encryption/72e12480-30ec-49d3-bfc8-a452126e5ce7 I am getting the same message despite having a fully licensed copy...