Windows 10: How to enable/disable registry tools?

Discus and support How to enable/disable registry tools? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i want to disable registry tools to prevent others from accessing registry . is there any way to disable registry tools on Windows 10 Home? and if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Siddhant_Mashalkar, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:27 AM.

1. How to enable/disable registry tools?

i want to disable registry tools to prevent others from accessing registry . is there any way to disable registry tools on Windows 10 Home? and if disabled, how to enable it?

:)

Siddhant_Mashalkar, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:27 AM

2. Snippet Tool + Recycle Bin

Hello Phillip,

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the given steps.

• Right-click desktop and personalize.

• Choose Themes.

• Desktop Icon Settings.

• Check the "recycle bin" box.

If that doesn't help I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R and type "gpedit.msc".

• Navigate to User Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "Desktop".

• In the right pane Double-click "Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop".

• Check if it is enabled/disabled. If it is enable I suggest you to disable it and check if it helps.

Registry disclaimer

Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 23, 2021 at 2:28 AM
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

4. How to enable/disable registry tools?

Stop re-enabling Windows Defender on my PC even after I disabled it in registry

Hi Thomas,

We'd really appreciate it if you would give us more information regarding your concern about the Windows Defender. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the exact steps that you took in disabling Windows Defender through the registry?
    • Do you have a third party antivirus software on your PC?

We look forward to your response.

Thema:

How to enable/disable registry tools?

1. How to enable/disable registry tools? - Similar Threads - enable disable registry

2. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?: I was working on a mega reg file to set up my OS for me. I found out how to do almost everything via registry hacks. One of the exceptions is turning off Swiftkey. Does anyone know how to do this via registry? Also, I would prefer to disable, grey out the option, Swiftkey,...
  3. How to enable admin account if u disabled it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to enable admin account if u disabled it: Hello everyone im just wondering how to enable admin account after u just disabled it beacuse when i try to open an app or program as run as adminstrator it only gives me the option not to continue. If someone knows how to fix this problem please reply Kind regards...
  4. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the Snipping Tool: So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results? Yes I know there are more...
  5. Registry Cleaning tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Cleaning tools: I have been a long time user of certain utilities that automate the general health status of the PC This includes such cleansing as unnecessary file removal - registry cleaning - bleaching of free space among others. Now I find that enhancement of such application may not...
  6. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  7. How to enable a disable monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to enable a disable monitor?: Hello, I've got a 9 multimonitor system, 3X Nvidia GPU + 3X Usb UGA-165 I have disable the 8 of them, but now Win10 doesn't appear to me any of the disable monitor in "Display Settings", I have re-enable the 5 of them using the Nvidia Control panel but I can't re-enable...
  8. Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file: A friend has a file sharing on with their box so they can play their media files on their WDTV. It's worked fine for years with 7 and 10 but in the last half year it seems to be turning off randomly although still on when i go to Advanced Sharing Settings. Is there a way to...
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Developer Tools in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Developer Tools in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Developer Tools in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Developer Tools in Windows 10 Browser tooling has come a long way since the days of Internet Explorer! The Microsoft Edge Developer Tools are built with...
  10. Enable or Disable Snipping Tool in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Snipping Tool in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Snipping Tool in Windows How to Enable or Disable Snipping Tool in Windows [img] Information The Snipping Tool is an app included in Windows that users can use to capture screenshots. Use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or...