Windows 10: How to enable DoH in Edge?

Discus and support How to enable DoH in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried this and it just does not work. What am I doing wrong? Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BuiltInDnsClientEnabled"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 5, 2021.

1. How to enable DoH in Edge?

I have tried this and it just does not work. What am I doing wrong? Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BuiltInDnsClientEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsMode " /t REG_SZ /d "secure " /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsTemplates" /t REG_SZ /d "https://dns.quad9.net/dns-query?" /f P.S. When any policy is set, I can not change the setting via Edge (it is locked), so that is not an option.

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 5, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Nitescape Win User
    Adobe flash Player enable in Microsoft edge

Philip56SC,

Have you gone to the settings in Edge and turned on to use FLASH?

If not, then try that.

Here are the steps. After you have done this, close and re-open Edge.

I really hope Microsoft changes it to an easier way to use Flash in Edge for the future as some pages are simply hard to get Flash to work on them.

Enable Flash Player :

• Click the three dots in the upper right of Edge.

It looks like this "...".

This allows access to the Edge menu.
    • Select the Settings menu item which is usually at the bottom of the list.
    • Scroll down this menu until you see the 'Advanced Settings section' and click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.

For me, this is already enabled yet Flash doesn't play on some web sites.

I tried the lock

Nitescape, Jul 5, 2021
  4. How to enable DoH in Edge?

DoH

This feature is disabled in Chrome, the new reg tweak enables DoH without any intervention.

The only advantage is that it fits the need of all browsers with default browser parameters. A new feature is always the occasion to play with Windows here.

As seen in the screenshot, there are many ways to get DoH to work (FF76.0.1).

MikeMecanic, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

How to enable DoH in Edge?

1. How to enable DoH in Edge? - Similar Threads - enable DoH Edge

2. How to enable DNS over HTTPS DoH in group policy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable DNS over HTTPS DoH in group policy?: Hi guys!I am trying to enable DNS over HTTPS on my personal Windows 11 Build 22621.1105 Machine Lenovo ThinkPad.In the settings https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings-bd0a07af-15f5-cd6a-363f-ca2b6f391ace for the DNS i can specify the...
  3. How to enable DNS over HTTPS DoH in group policy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable DNS over HTTPS DoH in group policy?: Hi guys!I am trying to enable DNS over HTTPS on my personal Windows 11 Build 22621.1105 Machine Lenovo ThinkPad.In the settings https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-tcp-ip-settings-bd0a07af-15f5-cd6a-363f-ca2b6f391ace for the DNS i can specify the...
  4. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  5. How to setup DoH Secure DNS in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup DoH Secure DNS in 20H2: Where can I find and how to setup Secure DNS or DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Windows 10 20H2? Both IPv6 and IPv4 submitted by /u/pjetr2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juphn1/how_to_setup_doh_secure_dns_in_20h2/
  6. How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]One of the most annoying parts of editing using any browser is the spellcheck. I have noticed that suggestions offered by them at times are […] This article How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The latest stable version of the Edge browser allows administrators to configure certain browser capabilities via Administrative Templates. It includes new policies that IT admins […] This article How to enable Audio Sandbox in Edge browser first appeared on...
  8. How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SchrodingersNinja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eredro/how_to_enable_chrome_extensions_in_ms_edge/
  9. How to re-enable address bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to re-enable address bar in Edge: Version 1903 OS Build 18362.533 Since yesterday I have been unable to type in the address bar or the Bing Search box. I can't even use copy/paste to get something in it. I found various suggestions of which I am using the link How to Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser in...
  10. using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?

in Browsers and Email
    using DoH, how to do traceroute from Firefox browser?: FF 67.0.4 Windows 10 1803 i have enabled DoH in my browser, now how do i know (maybe using traceroute) that it is resolving names using DoH servers and not my DNS servers? 136156