Windows 10: how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

Discus and support how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created. But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erhy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Erhy Win User

how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

Hello!
    often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created.

But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe )

Is it possible to configure such programs, that they works a default?

Thank you for tips

:)

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Sep 30, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items - Similar Threads - enable Exe created

2. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  3. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  4. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  6. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  7. Increase recent items list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase recent items list: I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else. How to change...
  8. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Create Recent Items Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Items Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Items Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Items Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent files" in Quick access, and under...