Windows 10: how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

Discus and support how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created. But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erhy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Erhy Win User

how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

Hello!
    often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created.

But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe )

Is it possible to configure such programs, that they works a default?

Thank you for tips

:)

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Sep 30, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items - Similar Threads - enable Exe created

2. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  3. How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?: hard to describe what im looking for i'll do my best to explain in details. example, an image software I use photo.exe when installed it automatically set up shell in registry for windows context menu for files type .bmp/.jpg etc etc. when viewed in registry/shell it show...
  4. Win10 Recent file list missing

Win10 Recent file list missing: a) Win w10 no longer keeps a record of recent files. Cannot pinpoint an event. b) attempting to correct the issue in the Explorer option will not save. c) Settings produces the message "hidden or managed by organisation" and greys out relevant changes there. I have...
  5. Increase recent items list

Increase recent items list: I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else. How to change...
  6. List of currently or recently uploaded files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of currently or recently uploaded files?: Can I see a list of the currently uploading files from my desktop to onedrive, or files recently uploaded? All I found is the "x files remaining" status. 17824
  7. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  8. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689