Windows 10: How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now

Discus and support How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the Windows 11 2022 Update this week and revealed plans to push the first feature drop in October. Included in the October feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 24, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now

Microsoft released the Windows 11 2022 Update this week and revealed plans to push the first feature drop in October. Included in the October feature drop is the long awaited support for tabs in the default file manager of the operating system, File Explorer.

How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now file-explorer-tabs.png

Users with NVIDIA hardware may want to postpone the installation of the first feature update for Windows 11, as several users reported performance degradations after installation of the update.

Windows 11 users who have updated to the new version of Windows 11 already or bought a device with the update installed, may enable the October 2022 feature drop functionality already on those devices.

Word of warning: while we did not notice any issues after enabling File Explorer tabs on a test system, the content should be considered in development. It is not advised to enable it on production machines. In any case, it is advised to create a full system backup to be on the safe side of things.

How to enable File Explorer tabs and other October 2022 feature drop features right now on Windows 11

Microsoft has a habit of including future updates on Windows systems already to speed up the installation once the updates are released officially.

For this to work, it is necessary that Windows 11 build 22621 or newer is installed. One easy way to check the version is to open Start, type winver and check the version listed in the About Windows window.

To enable the features right now, do the following:

How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now vivetool-enable-file-explorer-tabs.png

1. Download the latest version of the command line utility ViveTool from GitGub.
    2. Extract the downloaded ViVeTool zip archive to the local system.
    3. Remember the path of the folder or copy it to the Clipboard. Tip: you can use the new keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-C to copy the path of the folder (by selecting the ViVeTool folder and then using the keyboard shortcut).
    4. Select Start, type cmd.
    5. Select Run as administrator to launch an elevated command prompt window.
    6. Confirm the UAC prompt.
    7. Type cd and paste the copied path or type it. In our case, the command was cd "C:\Users\Martin\Downloads\ViVeTool-v0.3.1"
    8. Now run the following commands to enable the new functionality:
      1. File Explorer:
        1. vivetool /enable /id:39145991
        2. vivetool /enable /id:37634385
        3. vivetool /enable /id:36354489
      2. Suggested Actions:
        1. vivetool /enable /id:34592303
      3. New "Open With" interface:
        1. vivetool /enable /id:36302090
      4. Taskbar Overflow:
        1. vivetool /enable /id:35620393
    9. A restart of the system is required to finalize the changes.

Once restarted, the new features are available. Open File Explorer and you should see the new tab bar at the top. Just activate the plus icon to add a new tab to File Explorer. The other features are available as well, if activated using the tool.

Again, most Windows 11 users may want to wait until next month, when the first Moments update is released; this update will enable the features officially on the operating system.

Now You: have you tried tabs in File Explorer? Do you like the feature? (via PhantomOcean3 / Twitter)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 24, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Sep 24, 2022
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Browser Tabs

Hi,

When you go to a certain website using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 that requires 64-bit and it opens the tab in 32-bit, it is possible that there were changes or upgrades made.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes or updates made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For information and steps to help resolve the issue, you can refer to Don Varnau's post on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. How to enable File Explorer tabs in the Windows 11 2022 Update right now - Similar Threads - enable File Explorer

2. How can I enable new tab functional in file explorer by click-right // Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable new tab functional in file explorer by click-right // Window 11: Could you share setting in Window 11 for enable open new tab functional in file explorer?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-new-tab-functional-in-file/ab6ca66b-dc4d-4755-834c-657304c63306
  3. How can I enable new tab functional in file explorer by click-right // Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable new tab functional in file explorer by click-right // Window 11: Could you share setting in Window 11 for enable open new tab functional in file explorer?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-enable-new-tab-functional-in-file/ab6ca66b-dc4d-4755-834c-657304c63306
  4. How to disable tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11?: [ATTACH]Today, we will be discussing how you can disable tabs from File Explorer on Windows 11. Windows 11 2022 is a small overhaul and brought to Windows PCs a new File Explorer. The new File Explorer allows you to view folders and drive locations as Tabs, the same way we...
  5. How to enable tabs in Windows 11 22h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable tabs in Windows 11 22h2?: Hello.I Just updated to 22h2 and opened the file explorer only to find that there was no tabs in file explorer.How to enable tabs in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-tabs-in-windows-11-22h2/02ccbb48-8d42-45e8-bd29-08bdd7f59e86
  6. How to enable tabs in Windows 11 22h2?

How to enable tabs in Windows 11 22h2?: Hello.I Just updated to 22h2 and opened the file explorer only to find that there was no tabs in file explorer.How to enable tabs in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-tabs-in-windows-11-22h2/02ccbb48-8d42-45e8-bd29-08bdd7f59e86
  7. Windows 11 file explorer tabs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer tabs.: After the update I now have tabs on explorer. If I left click on a folder or drive it opens but there is still only one tab on top. It just replaced the one the was there previously. I can right click and there is a option to open in a new tab then I'll have two tabs. Is...
  8. Windows 11 file explorer tabs.

Windows 11 file explorer tabs.: After the update I now have tabs on explorer. If I left click on a folder or drive it opens but there is still only one tab on top. It just replaced the one the was there previously. I can right click and there is a option to open in a new tab then I'll have two tabs. Is...
  9. Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022: Can anyone help on enabling the tabbed file explorer on the new Windows 11 update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-file-explorer-missing-windows-11-2022/d187beb5-c398-4c29-a5a7-e0da4d4fa1a6
  10. Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022

Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022: Can anyone help on enabling the tabbed file explorer on the new Windows 11 update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-file-explorer-missing-windows-11-2022/d187beb5-c398-4c29-a5a7-e0da4d4fa1a6