Windows 10: How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe

Discus and support How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a virus and it disabled both regedit.exe and gpedit.msc. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Orange Management, Nov 7, 2018.

1. How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe

I got a virus and it disabled both regedit.exe and gpedit.msc. What should I do?

:)

Orange Management, Nov 7, 2018
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Nov 7, 2018
  3. gpedit

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-...home-premium-home-basic-and-starter-editions/
    i run this program on a Windows 7 home premium edition. When i tried to upgrade to Windows 10, all the settings made with this program was erased. And the program wasn't recognized. This program only make changes in the registry so i think it's strange that
    the Windows 10 upgrade totally erased the configurations i had made. The reason i use this program is mainly because i want to password protect when installing programs. Among other things. Allso access to the network to my computer is disabled with this gpedit
    program. Can this be fixed, that Windows 10 don't erase the registry settings?

Thanks in advance.

gpeditgpedit, Nov 7, 2018
  4. How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe

Windows 10 regedit and gpedit stopped working

Hi

did a sfc and amazingly regedit workes again How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe :)

this is not the case for gpedit though, which for me is not so importend.

Win 10 was instaaled from a clean win8 installation with upgrades until win 8.1 could be installed with the store, and the win10 also via store.

Thanks a lot for your help, Andi

AndreasGeitner, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe

1. How to enable gpedit.msc and regedit.exe - Similar Threads - enable gpedit msc

2. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help how to change default .exe regedit: so i just running .exe regedit from this website https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-restore-default-file-type-associations-windows-10-a.html the file format is exe.reg ,after running this , ican't run scrcpy android screen to windows please help...
  3. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help how to change default .exe regedit: so i just running .exe regedit from this website https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-restore-default-file-type-associations-windows-10-a.html the file format is exe.reg ,after running this , ican't run scrcpy android screen to windows please help...
  4. help how to change default .exe regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  6. How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT: [ATTACH]In this article, we will show you how to disable the Windows Hello PIN prompt on Windows 10. Windows Hello is an alternative password option that is available only in Windows 10. You can use this password or PIN to sign in to different Microsoft applications and...
  7. How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]If you want to enable Windows 10 Full-screen Start Menu, then you can do […] This article How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Restore regedit value for exe.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore regedit value for exe.: I accidentally changed tge default value for exe under regedit. This turns all the programmes and applications into exe file and makes me unable to open all the applications directly. How can i restore the default value so that I can open the applications as the default way?...
  9. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter: I've been trying to find a specific file and after numerous unfruitful google and direct system32 searches, I've decided to come here. I'm looking for one specific thing: The name and file location of the file that launches the network troubleshooter in Windows 10. When...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable gpedit.msc by regedit

2. decargar gpedit.exe

3. how to enable regedit without gpedit.msc