Windows 10: How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode

Discus and support How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When your monitor doesn’t support certain resolutions, you see images that don’t fit the screen completely or lack the sharpness you’d otherwise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode

When your monitor doesn’t support certain resolutions, you see images that don’t fit the screen completely or lack the sharpness you’d otherwise expect. It then becomes necessary to enable GPU scaling as it lets you experience fine-tuned graphics and image output regardless of the resolution. Here’s the trick to help you get started.

Enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software

Gamers like to experience the best graphics possible but blurred or stretched-out images with bad resolutions can kill all their enthusiasm. GPU scaling is an option that can help them adjust the game’s aspect ratio according to their monitor’s resolution.

1. Go to AMD Radeon Settings.
    2. Choose Display.
    3. Switch to GPU scaling.
    4. Toggle the GPU Scaling option to On.
    5. Select the desired mode from the Scaling mode setting.
    6. Save the settings and exit.

With GPU scaling it’s possible to maintain high-quality image output on-screen

Games that run on lower aspect ratios of 5:4 or 4:3 may appear stretched out with pixelated images on a 16:9 screen setting. If you have an AMD graphics card, you can control these settings and manage GPU scaling options via AMD Catalyst or via AMD Radeon Graphics.

Before proceeding with the steps, you need to have your monitor directly attached to the graphics card adapter via DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort. In addition, the latest supported graphics driver for the AMD Graphics product must be installed.

How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode amd-radeon-software-1.jpg

On your Desktop screen, right-click in an empty space and choose AMD Radeon Settings.

When the Setting window opens, switch to the Display tab. The tab allows you to configure display settings to optimize your viewing experience.

How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode amd-radeon-enable-gpu-scaling.jpg

Under it, move to the GPU Scaling tile and toggle the GPU Scaling option to On position.

How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode amd-radeon-scaling-mode.jpg

Once GPU Scaling is activated, you’ll need to select the desired mode from the Scaling Mode drop-down menu. The following scaling modes are available.

• Preserve aspect ratio – This mode expands the current image to the full size of the monitor while maintaining the aspect ratio of the image size by displaying black bars on the left and right sides.
    • Center – This option turns off image scaling and centers the current image for non-native resolutions. You will see a black border around the monitor.
    • Full panel – As the name suggests, the mode expands the current image to the full size of the monitor for non-native resolutions. You’ll see the screen stretching to fill the monitor.

Choose the desired mode to apply the changes immediately and close Radeon Settings to exit.

That’s all there is to it!

How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode amd-radeon-enable-gpu-scaling.jpg
    This article How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 23, 2021

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    scales & applications

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a display setting issue that caused this on your applications. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you used an external monitor previously?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes:

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

If you think this was useful, kindly mark it as answer to help fellow community members who are also experiencing the same issue.

Xylee Del, Apr 23, 2021
  4. zachoz26 Win User

scales & applications

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the article, and the problem was fixed.

Thank you very much for your support!

zachoz26, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to enable GPU Scaling in Radeon Software with the desired Scaling Mode - Similar Threads - enable GPU Scaling

2. Enable unsupported display scaling scale presets on odd sized displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable unsupported display scaling scale presets on odd sized displays: Hi, my Zenbook Pro 14 Duo has an odd sized secondary display at 2880x864. It seems the logic in W11 for what scaling presets to allow is based on vertical resolution thats my best guess, since on this high DPI display it will only allow 100 or 125% setttings. So for the main...
  3. Enable unsupported display scaling scale presets on odd sized displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable unsupported display scaling scale presets on odd sized displays: Hi, my Zenbook Pro 14 Duo has an odd sized secondary display at 2880x864. It seems the logic in W11 for what scaling presets to allow is based on vertical resolution thats my best guess, since on this high DPI display it will only allow 100 or 125% setttings. So for the main...
  4. Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling: Are there any tips / tricks on how to correctly adjust the scaling? 14 inches. 2880x1800 I tried to use text magnification 125%, but not quite a panacea or something ... Somewhere soap, somewhere the text has increased, somewhere not, many sites are not displayed correctly,...
  5. Scaling

Scaling: Are there any tips / tricks on how to correctly adjust the scaling? 14 inches. 2880x1800 I tried to use text magnification 125%, but not quite a panacea or something ... Somewhere soap, somewhere the text has increased, somewhere not, many sites are not displayed correctly,...
  6. GPU Scaling vs Display Scaling explained

in Windows 10 News
    GPU Scaling vs Display Scaling explained: [IMG]In computing, Scaling refers to the process of increasing or decreasing the size of an object. The scaling of an object is done by using the Scale Factor. The Scale Factor or Conversion Factor is used to change the size of a figure or an object without altering its...
  7. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  8. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  9. Windows is scaling it's native software strangely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is scaling it's native software strangely: Is anyone else having this problem? When I have things scaled to 100% everything looks peachy (albeit a tad small to read for my aging eyes), but when I scale to 125% (the recommended setting on my laptop), I get this odd issue where everything bounds to a smaller box in the...
  10. Scaling

Scaling: I got a new program, but it wouldn't display properly so I changed the scaling to 100% and it worked but was too small, so I changed back to 200% and it still works but is slightly blurry, but I can put up with that, however Outlook is now blurry. I don't want to select "Let...