Windows 10: How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up

Discus and support How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 0 I have 3 monitors, 1 HDR capable and 2 not. If I enable HDR in the windows options, it works fine on the HDR capable one, but the other two are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by laurence_jj, Jul 24, 2019.

1. How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up

I have 3 monitors, 1 HDR capable and 2 not.

If I enable HDR in the windows options, it works fine on the HDR capable one, but the other two are waaaaay over bright, faded colour is virtually invisible and difficult to read.

I have tried varying the manual brightness and contrast on the SDR monitors, but this doenst help the colour situation and it looks very washed out. The windows HD colour settings menu is not their.

Is there a way to only enable HDR on the HDR capable monitor.

How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up 21a4e6b2-f035-4568-b9ea-314b55a577b4?upload=true.png How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up e5d0b9e9-6ba0-40c4-afeb-33e4e2cd376c?upload=true.png

system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

build: Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

:)

laurence_jj, Jul 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hello Devlin,

The issue start after buy new TV (Sony XD800) and update to "creaters update" on "win 10" which support hdr.

If stream 4k hdr content from from WMP to TV, all work is well.

Now use Win 10 - 10.0.16299 build 16299.

For troubleshooting I change resolution\color depth\video driver. On TV setup "enchanced mode" on hdmi.

Lex Arsitov, Jul 24, 2019
  3. zonto1983 Win User
    HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Hello,

I recently purchased an HDR/4K-compatible graphics card (a GeForce 1080ti). I have a 4K HDR display (LG C7 65" OLED). When I first installed the card and drivers, the HDR option was turned on by default, and I was getting an HDR signal to the display. However,
    the resolution was set to 1920x1080. When I changed the resolution to 4K, HDR turned off. Since then, I have been unable to get HDR enabled again. When I try to enable HDR, the setting just turns itself off again, like so:

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

This is not an issue with my display or receiver, as I'm able to get HDR out of my PS4 just fine, and I don't believe it to be an issue with my HDMI cable either, since I was getting HDR out of the PC when I first installed the card.

I'm not sure what other steps to take. I ran dxdiag, and it appears that it's not detecting the full color range:

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 (as per this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings).

From that same article, it appears to be detecting the display as HDR compatible:

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported

Thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

zonto1983, Jul 24, 2019
  4. How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up

1. How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Build 16299) with a multi screen set up - Similar Threads - enable HDR enterprise

2. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable HDR causes black screen: Hey guys I'm here to help with this problem since I've seen so many people have the same issue that I've solved. What happended is that I enabled HDR mode on Windows 10 and the screen completely black out but everything else works other than that. I had tried so many methods...
  3. How To Enable HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Enable HDR Windows 10: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and we use it to add a dramatic upgrade in picture quality, video, brightness, and color contrast compared to SDR, and some also know it as Standard Dynamic Range. For More Information -...
  4. How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10: [ATTACH]HDR or High Dynamic Range allows one to experience an increased range of color and luminance (the intensity of light emitted from a surface per unit area), which is especially useful when it comes to gaming and watching movies. Many games and movies support it, but...
  5. Notification toast on windows 1703 build 16299

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notification toast on windows 1703 build 16299: Hi there, We are using an API to send notification toast to windows 10 we have several builds, and we saw that the image in the toast using the XML template instead the old blue info icon / yellow warning. On 1903/1909 other builds we have, we have the nice notifications...
  6. HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled: Resolved... Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-setting-in-windows-10-wont-stay-enabled/e1442994-f5dc-49e5-a2a7-9f1929cb2e56
  7. How to enable HDR

How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  8. Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 ver.1709 build 16299: Hi, I have tried versions 1809, 1903 and now I'm using 1709 build 16299. I have Windows updates turned off in gpedit.msc. I'm into benchmarking with Futuremark programs like 3DMark which comes with Firestrike, Time Spy and several others. I also have VRMark installed and...
  9. How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Version 1709) with a multi screen set up

How to enable HDR in windows 10 enterprise (Version 1709) with a multi screen set up: 0 I have 3 monitors, 1 HDR capable and 2 not. If I enable HDR in the windows options, it works fine on the HDR capable one, but the other two are waaaaay over bright, faded colour is virtually invisible and difficult to read. I have tried varying the manual brightness and...
  10. Insisting not responding - win 10 build 16299 -

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insisting not responding - win 10 build 16299 -: I would like to know the best approach to investigate on why most of applications randomly not responding. I have about 30 machines with several applications with this continuously and general not responding issue > specially with the domain users ( with the local admin...