Windows 10: How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. However, to watch an HDR video, you need to have a display that can handle HDR contents and a browser that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 10, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Enable-HDR-Support-in-Edge.png
    HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. However, to watch an HDR video, you need to have a display that can handle HDR contents and a browser that can stream it. In Microsoft Edge, you can enable HDR contents by turning on few settings. Hardware Requirements for HDR Streaming on Windows 10 A minimum of 1080P resolution […]

This article How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to enable HDR

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you have posted your query in Romanian language. I would like to inform that you have reached the English support forum. For better clarity, we would appreciate if you could post your query in English.

Upon translating the query, I understand that you are unable to enable HDR on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Fixing common problems
    section from the article HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

One of the things you can try is updating the Graphics Card drivers and see if that helps.

However, upon researching further, I found that HDR can only be enabled if the Graphics Card or Motherboard that you are using supports HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4 or higher. If your Graphics card or Motherboard doesn’t support any of these features,
    you may not be able to enable HDR.

If you wish to receive support in Romanian language, you can certainly get in touch with our Live Customer support team and they will assist you further. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer support
    number as per your country

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2021
  3. HDR won't enable!

I have the exact same issue. I'm running a Corsair One with a GTX 1080. I know my TV can output HDR but for some reason any time I turn it on, it immediately toggles back off.

There is no error message that occurs and when I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (Recommended by Microsoft here: HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10), there is no actual value for HDR. The "HDR Support"
    value simply isn't in that text file. It does not say "Yes" or "No" as there is no option whatsoever.

I have verified all of my drivers are installed correctly and ensured that I'm using HDR compatible HDMI cables and an HDR compatible TV (Samsung KS8500). There's no visible reason as to why this problem is occuring, but it absolutely is.

Update: I enrolled my PC in the Windows Insiders Program and now when I run the Diagnostic Tool, I do have a listing for "HDR Support: Yes" but when trying to turn on HDR support, the setting still toggles back off.

KatanaSquirrel, Jun 10, 2021
  4. How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

HDR won't enable!

Hi,

Whenever you play high dynamic range (HDR) videos in
    Windows 10
    , your external HDR monitor or TV must be connected to a Windows 10 PC that has a supported graphics card with the supported drivers installed. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you're getting any error messages when trying to
    enable HDR.

In the meantime, you may check on this
    link
    for more information about streaming HDR video on Windows 10.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

1. How to Enable HDR Support in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable HDR Support

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. How To Enable HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Enable HDR Windows 10: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and we use it to add a dramatic upgrade in picture quality, video, brightness, and color contrast compared to SDR, and some also know it as Standard Dynamic Range. For More Information -...
  9. How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10: [ATTACH]HDR or High Dynamic Range allows one to experience an increased range of color and luminance (the intensity of light emitted from a surface per unit area), which is especially useful when it comes to gaming and watching movies. Many games and movies support it, but...
  10. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...