Windows 10: How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?

Discus and support How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to be able to swipe with two fingers to go back a page in browsers, but a few days ago I accidentally reset a lot of my settings. Now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MildlyProblematic, Oct 24, 2020.

1. How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?

I used to be able to swipe with two fingers to go back a page in browsers, but a few days ago I accidentally reset a lot of my settings. Now it's disabled and I can't find where to change it.

submitted by /u/MildlyProblematic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MildlyProblematic, Oct 24, 2020

2. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

Hi there.

When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour?

Regards.

speller_64, Oct 24, 2020
  3. dferron Win User
    Two Finger Horizontal Scroll Not Working

Here is some new information.

It seems that when you two finger zoom the horizontal scrollbar disappears. This is only true on the MSN.com webpage and all links on that page for both Edge and IE. Once you leave the page by typing in another site, using favorites, or favorites menu, the
    scrollbar is present and two finger horizontal swipe works fine. It is my conclusion, that the issue rests solely with Microsoft and the MSN.com page. I have been in email contact with ASUS and they want me to do a BIOS reset (done), Troubleshooting (done),
    reload their drivers (done), recover to previous OS (done once), clean install of Win 10 (NO WAY!!). This may be frustrating, but certainly not worth a clean install.

BTW .... This has been the best support I have had over the years with MS. Thanks for stepping up the quality of support.

Don

Western WA

dferron, Oct 24, 2020
  4. How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?

Three fingers swipe to open Task View on Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• How did you update the latest synaptic touchpad drivers? Ii it through manufacture website/any other source?

• Have you installed all the latest Windows updates?

• Have you changed any Mouse or touchpad settings prior to the issue? Is it the first time you are facing this issue after installing Windows 10 in your computer?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestions

As you have updated the touchpad drivers, check if you are able to configure the finger swipe touchpad gestures by following the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Devices, select
      Mouse and Touchpad
      on the left navigation pane under the Devices settings window.

• Change the settings to enable touchpad features under
      Touchpad.
    Under the touchpad, check whether you are able to configure the three finger swipe gestures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping?

1. How to enable horizontal two-finger swiping? - Similar Threads - enable horizontal finger

2. Two finger scrolling cannot be enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two finger scrolling cannot be enabled.: Following the fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on a new laptop Gigabyte G5 two finger scrolling does not work and there is no way to enable it through settings. There are no zoom controls either and the whole panel seems rather minimalistic. I tried updating drivers, but...
  3. Two finger scrolling cannot be enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two finger scrolling cannot be enabled.: Following the fresh install of Windows 11 Pro on a new laptop Gigabyte G5 two finger scrolling does not work and there is no way to enable it through settings. There are no zoom controls either and the whole panel seems rather minimalistic. I tried updating drivers, but...
  4. Enabling two-finger scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabling two-finger scrolling: Hi, I recently installed the update on my Windows 10. After restarting, many gestures on my laptop stopped working. I would like to enable two-finger scrolling again. I have tried all the answers on the internet but my device doesn't seem to have settings such as...
  5. How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable two-finger-click for right-click?: I just got a brand new Windows 10 Lenovo laptop, but I immediately discovered that i can't two-finger-click to right-click, which I am used to from my old Acer laptop. I've tried to google for how to enable that, but much to my dismay I discovered that I don't have half the...
  6. Three finger swipe

Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  7. Edge Chromium swipe two finger

Edge Chromium swipe two finger: I need help for Microsoft Edge Chromium for Windows 10.I have an HP Pavilion that uses a synaptics touchpad that arent using precision drivers. What happens is that when I swipe with 2 fingers up or down on Edge, when it ends moving the page it automatically open the right...
  8. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...
  9. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....
  10. Windows 10 goes to lock screen on two finger swipe down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 goes to lock screen on two finger swipe down: Windows 10 goes to lock screen on two-finger swipe down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-goes-to-lock-screen-on-two-finger-swipe/61e29810-f5d0-49d0-9296-bdeeb209b9e1