Windows 10: How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad

Discus and support How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have on all my previous HP machines had Synaptics touchpad and I have had Momentum activated, and I love it, and miss it extremely much on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael L, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Michael L Win User

How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad

Hi,

I have on all my previous HP machines had Synaptics touchpad and I have had Momentum activated, and I love it, and miss it extremely much on this new otherwise fine machine I have at work. My old work machine (6.5 years) had support for it. I have googled and tried registry changes, nothing helps. I will not be satisfied with this computer until Momentum is in place. So how do I fix it, or will there come an update soon so it will work? How can such a good function be removed?

(My all new private Apple MacBook Air does not have support for something similar either, so I do not use it very much, prefer my private HP Pavilion with Windows 10 where Momentum works).

***Original title: How do I get Momentum to work on an HP 745 G5 with Windows 10 and PrecisionTouchPad?***

:)

Michael L, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Eric F Win User

How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference HP Notebooks with Synaptics TouchPad - How to Disable the "Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad" Feature | HP® Customer Support)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...ad-on-an-hp-elitebook-850-laptop/td-p/5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Mar 2, 2019
  3. B. Hurd Win User
    Microsoft Precision Touchpad Registry Tweak to Enable Momentum

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 running Windows 10 x64, which uses the generic precision touchpad drivers. I actually really like the touchpad for the most part, but I REALLY miss momentum. Does anybody have a solution to tweak registry settings (possibly in
    location located below) that would enable this feature. I do NOT want to use synaptics drivers, so please do not respond if that is your solution. THANKS.

Possible registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad

I've tried adding MomentumEnable and Momentum_Enable as dword with value "1" but this had no effect.

THANKS

B. Hurd, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Rupert_W Win User

Is there any way to enable cursor momentum when using the Microsoft Precision Touchpad driver? Registry key perhaps?

Hello.

I have a new machine with an Alps touchpad. After using Synaptics for years, this is a major retrograde step and is driving me mad.

I have the option to use the Windows Precision drivers instead, which are marginally better, but still woeful in comparison to the functionality available in the Synaptics driver.

One thing I particularly miss is cursor momentum, which allows you to move the cursor large distances across the screen with a small flick. The cursor has momentum and so continues to move till you tap to stop it - much like momentum scrolling.

In practical terms what this means is that you can set the cursor speed fairly low to aid precision when selecting, but still be able to move it quickly from one area of the screen to another.

This feature, along with edge scrolling are sorely missed in both the Alps and Microsoft Precision driver, so I'm keen to know if there is any way of enabling it?

So many things are possible by creating registry keys, so I'm hoping this is too.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Rupert_W, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad - Similar Threads - enable momentum 745

2. How to get Clickpad / Trackpad / Touchpad Cursor Momentum on 2023 labtops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Clickpad / Trackpad / Touchpad Cursor Momentum on 2023 labtops?: On my older Levono 2014 / HP 2017 Laptops, I have cursor Momentum via Synantics. I have Synantics driver on my new 2023 laptop with windows 11 Pro. I am unable to find where to get cursor momentum, I looked through all the mouse and trackpad settings and it's not there. To...
  3. How to get Clickpad / Trackpad / Touchpad Cursor Momentum on 2023 labtops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Clickpad / Trackpad / Touchpad Cursor Momentum on 2023 labtops?: On my older Levono 2014 / HP 2017 Laptops, I have cursor Momentum via Synantics. I have Synantics driver on my new 2023 laptop with windows 11 Pro. I am unable to find where to get cursor momentum, I looked through all the mouse and trackpad settings and it's not there. To...
  4. anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?: my poor fingertip needs that... submitted by /u/orangpelupa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nmqeqq/anyone_know_how_to_enable_momentuminertia_in/
  5. mouse momentum

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse momentum: Hi. I have just purchased a HP 840 g4 laptop with Windows 10 installed. On my previous laptop i had mouse momentum - i could flick the mouse across the screen. I can't find any settings to get my beloved momentum back. Can anyone help?...
  6. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.: Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-enabledisable-hp-laptop-touchpad/6203722d-405c-42c2-b3b5-8894213e6d0d
  7. Random Blue Screen on new HP 745/755 G5 laptops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Blue Screen on new HP 745/755 G5 laptops.: Hey Guys I would really appreciate some help with random blue screens I have been getting on new HP 745/755 G5 laptops. Latest bios and drivers are installed. The blue screens mostly refer to what failed: netio.sys / Stop code:unexpected_kernel_mode_trap On occasion refer...
  8. Momentum on a new computer touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Momentum on a new computer touchpad: I purchased a new computer HP 745 G5 and I like it except for the lack of Momentum feature on the touchpad that I had on my previous machine. I want to get this feature back is it possible?...
  9. How do I get Momentum to work on an HP 745 G5 with Windows 10 and PrecisionTouchPad?

How do I get Momentum to work on an HP 745 G5 with Windows 10 and PrecisionTouchPad?: Hi, I have on all my previous HP machines had Synaptics touchpad and I have had Momentum activated, and I love it, and miss it extremely much on this new otherwise fine machine I have at work. My old work machine (6.5 years) had support for it. I have googled and tried...
  10. Win10 on a HP DL580 G5 Server

Win10 on a HP DL580 G5 Server: Hallo, I have gotten a low budget HP DL580 G5 Server from here for only 179,99 without system software, but 32GB Ram, 300GB SAS HD, The server doesnt support Windows Server 2012. May I install Win10 on it and use his server components? A new licence for Win10 costs 30 Euro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 precision touchpad momentum

2. windows 10 mouse momentum

3. HOW TO DISABLE MOMENTUM IN HP PAVILLION COMPUTER

4. precision touchpad momentum,
  5. hp momentum cursor,
  6. disable synaptics momentum,
  7. touchpad scrolling momentum windows 10,
  8. disable cursor momentum,
  9. how to enable cursor momentum windows 10,
  10. enable mouse on hp 745 g5,
  11. hp 745 tackpad disabled,
  12. synaptic drivers for hp elitebook 745 g5,
  13. synaptic touchpad driver windows 10 hp 745 g5,
  14. synaptics driver for elitebook 745 g5,
  15. Is pointing momentum [glide] available for HP desktop running Windows 10?