Windows 10: How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

Discus and support How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ASHU ASHOK, Dec 1, 2023.

1. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details like in win 10.. in win 11 it doesn't showing which track is playing when i skip it while gaming, working, unless we have to check win key + A to see.. so how to fix this issue in win 11.

:)

ASHU ASHOK, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Dec 1, 2023
  3. music player

There is another way that works as well and you don't have to dig into the settings. It gives you control of which music player plays a given codec. Open your music folder On a individual music file right click it at the bottom on the dialog box that opens click properties, in the dialog box that opens look for the box that says Change click this box. It will bring up the choices you have for playing this file. click the player you wish to use for this music file, you want to use, click on the icon for Windows Media player and that makes every music file on your Laptop that uses this file codec WMP as it's default player. When your make your choice at the bottom of the :"change Box" click Apply, then OK, done. This is a handy way of doing this because as good as Window Media Player is is does not play all music such as MKV, OGG, APE files natively. I would suggest you load the music player Foobar2000 it will play all music files, it does not do videos. it is a free music player that does not take up much space on your system.

foobar2000

transmaster, Dec 1, 2023
  4. HeyBeeSee Win User

How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

"can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

I keep getting an error message when starting some games: "can't open ms-gaming overlay link"

None of the suggestions I found on google were helpful, like disabling the XBox gaming bar or the Steam's overlay.

Nothing works.

HeyBeeSee, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

1. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working - Similar Threads - enable music player

2. How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable music player overlay when gaming or working: How to enable music player overlay in win 11 while gaming or working, its like whenever skip the song with keyboard it show overlay for track details like in win 10.. in win 11 it doesn't showing which track is playing when i skip it while gaming, working, unless we have to...
  3. How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?: So I’m extremely distraught after I spent months getting used to using a custom crosshair on my games. I have to run most of what I play on full screen. I have been using the game bar to provide overlay to see who is talking in party’s as well as my crosshair. Out of no where...
  4. How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable game bar overlays for full screen games?: So I’m extremely distraught after I spent months getting used to using a custom crosshair on my games. I have to run most of what I play on full screen. I have been using the game bar to provide overlay to see who is talking in party’s as well as my crosshair. Out of no where...
  5. How to Enable or Disable Steam Overlay on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Steam Overlay on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Steam Overlay allows users to use the Steam feature from the game itself without opening the launcher. However, this has been a blessing in disguise for some gamers. That is why we are going to see how to enable or disable Steam Overlay on Windows PC so that you can...
  6. Is there an overlay music visualizer for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an overlay music visualizer for Windows?: I have an app called Muviz that display a music visualizer at the edge of the screen on my Android phone, I wonder if there's a similar app on PC? submitted by /u/smol_rika [link] [comments]...
  7. music player.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music player.: Internet Edge forced itself onto my computer after I rejected it. Now I cannot find any of my downloaded music...Can you help me find it? It was stored in my player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-player/b3e561d8-e6b4-4e3c-9b7b-0a363f84ad15"
  8. Overlaying music

Overlaying music: How do I overlay music in HD Movie Maker Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overlaying-music/414cfdfd-cb5e-4aa6-ba36-9078d88cff5f
  9. Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Does Not Work When Media Player is Playing Music: Dear Community, Hi. I am having a problem that my keyboard does not work when Windows 10 Media Player is playing music. This started after the Windows 10 automatic update a couple of months ago. Can anyone please provide a fix for this issue? Thank you, Paul...
  10. music player

music player: Hi all, please could someone tell me how to move my music back to windows media player, I have problems using interface of Groove Music, and since someone f****d about with my laptop, they seem to have moved music to aforesaid Groove... please please help *Sad*Mad*Confused...